Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

EXPLANATION FROM LL ABOUT THIS WEEKEND'S ISSUES
05-28-2019, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2019 09:42 PM by Callie Cline.)
Heart EXPLANATION FROM LL ABOUT THIS WEEKEND'S ISSUES
hi everyone!

Patch Linden immediately replied to me this morning (i had written him over the weekend but he was on vacation) and told me they'd jump on our ticket immediately.

he got back to me and told me that they had NO issues over the weekend and that support would reach back out to gather more details.

so Kyle Linden wrote me inworld and asked me some questions and after looking into things he explained what happened and how it fixed itself this morning.

thought you'd all like to know what it was and why it affected only 1.60 cats on certain sims, etc.

SL until this morning had 2 versions of their code which ran on different servers. One version of code broke this weekend and affected any sim on the servers with that code. they have been moving all the servers to the new code over the past few months which explains why our cats have had some glitches here and there. Our KittyCatS! sim was on the older versions, and some of you who also were on sims with old code had 1.60 cats affected (not all with 1.60 cats were affected as some were on sims with the newer code.)

This morning they restarted the entire grid and it's now ALL on the same version of Second life software.

This is why it started fixing itself when the sim changed over to the new version and why people suddenly started seeing their boxes load. it was a connectivity issue among other things.

Note: This is their speculation of what may have happened and they said not to quote them as until they did a proper investigation they'd not know for sure but seems to be a reasonable explanation given what we and others reported. soooo there you go!

So we're so happy that it's all fixed and we can get you all back to having your kitties working as well as possible!

thank you for your patience and understanding. it was a trying LONG days and nights but thankfully we had some fun too and i'll be sending a little gift out later for you all.

thank you!! you are truly the best community ever. your kindness and patience and ability to be understanding to people frustrated is so appreciated.

xo,
callie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: AstridSolace Resident , chris1974 Yatsenko , LadyBlackDiamond2013 Resident , TerrorMisu Resident , Keila Forager , Ellen Ireland , Luckylady Llewellyn , Shamu077 Resident , Bibbitt Borel , Fifi Wickentower , Eleanor8 Resident , Sannctuary Resident , Tawnni Tigerpaw , Etierre Bonde , Jelly Supply , Saxoni Fenstalker , Aubreygrace Starlight , Priestess Firanelli , Maxwell Grantly , VeetMesser Resident , lieutenant Wheatcliffe , Mareep18 Resident , Nalacruxia Resident

Messages In This Thread
EXPLANATION FROM LL ABOUT THIS WEEKEND'S ISSUES - Callie Cline - 05-28-2019 11:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)