Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Frustration in the Cattery! (Let's rant ;))
05-07-2012, 09:45 PM
RE: Frustration in the Cattery! (Let's rant ;))
Saga,
I'm with you 100%

While I've had a bit more luck lately, I gave up on two lines I was working because I was sick and tired of never getting anything but one sex, so ruling out the possibility of either sibling or back-breeds.

I'll be honest, part of the reason I've had more luck recently is that I've got two good friends who I do a fair bit of cross-breeding with, and that helps. It's almost as if when one of us is on a streak, the other is on the opposite.

There are many possible explanations for the streaks, but no matter what the 'reason' is that they occur, they're still incredibly frustrating and honestly, I think this is just going to keep getting worse until a) they decide to give us a way to see the sex or b) they figure out a way to stop the out-of-control streaks we all see.

I hesitate to mention the third possibility that comes to mind, and that would be the whole market going away except for pets and a few breeders who can afford to keep sinking large amounts of real-life dollars into it because they will be able to keep enough cats that the streaks aren't going to be as problematic, simply because they're birthing so many.

Large scale 'well the numbers are even overall' doesn't mean anything when they're even because all your boxes from one line are girls, and all the boxes from another line are boys.

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Emme Oxygen

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frustration in the Cattery! (Let's rant ;)) - Liriel Garnet - 05-07-2012 09:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)