Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Devaluing problem within selling kittycats
01-04-2016, 08:24 AM
RE: Devaluing problem within selling kittycats
I've been watching this thread for some time. I, too, am glad to see it has remained so civil. Frankly, it is refreshing.

In general, I am in the camp which believes it is more important to breed what you want and not worry about the latest-and-greatest. My point on that subject, which has been alluded to, but not clearly stated, is that you need to remember, when you're breeding your ideal kitty, even if it is not the latest traits, or even a high trait-count, you should bear in mind that you are NOT alone! If YOU think that trait combination is particularly nice, remember, someone else likely does as well. So, go ahead and concentrate on your line of pure-bred Genesis Furs with those gorgeous Eyes and cute Tail and Ears. Rest assured, there is someone else out there who agrees with you, would appreciate your line, and will purchase your cats.

Finally, being the math-geek here, I want to point out that low prices and the feeling 'everyone else is doing the same thing' is a natural consequence of the game's design. Given the high birth rate, the complete lack of disease or predators, and human nature, is is expected that the population of any trait will quickly zoom (and Zoom, and ZOOM), growing faster and faster. The ONLY natural limit is the food supply which, for this game, means the money the players are willing to invest. This zooming population, naturally, means prices will crash.

You can point fingers anywhere you want, complain about all sorts of things but, in the end, the only solution to this problem is to add disease or predators to the mix. Unfortunately, this would render the game unappealing.

So, in the end, all you can do is suck it up, find your bliss where you can, and enjoy the game as it is.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita , MsMagick Resident , Izo Ryba , Lea Warwillow , Draco Nacht , Devilness Chant , fabioazevedo Oh

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devaluing problem within selling kittycats - Tad Carlucci - 01-04-2016 08:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)