Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Devaluing problem within selling kittycats
01-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Heart RE: Devaluing problem within selling kittycats
I am also extremely impressed with the way this topic is being carried out! Lets continue! I love seeing when people can get along with one another...

I am one of those people who buy two identical cats, and breed them. However, I do not sell the babies. My only purpose is to create megapuss for myself to enjoy.

Reason I do not sell mine though is because they are my babies, and I can't handle selling them to someone. I love you kitties! Heart

(01-01-2016 10:06 AM)Devilness Chant Wrote:  I hold my breath every time I see a pricing thread open because it usually ends up with rude remarks and fighting. But I am soooo pleased to see ppl talking to each other, and not at each other. I just wanted to start by saying, Thank you ALL for proving me wrong. Heart

Please don't hurt me for saying this again lol (I bruise easily)

One of the things, I believe, that devaluates a kitty, is the fact that too many have rec traits in their lines. (yes I am on my purist soap box again lol)

I just can't emphasize enough to get the word out to new breeders especially. If you pull or pass a trait with a rec trait, the rec trait will win out in the end. To me, that devaluates the new more dom traits. And it also results in flooding the market with the same traits.

I chuckled when I read Theos thread and he brought up the Bengal Snows with Rainbow eyes taking over. lol (I remember loaning you mine hehehe) (they were the rave once lol)

Here is an example of why the Salt and Peppers took over the market for soooo long. When I came back to breeding I fell in love with the Ausie furs. But the one I got was a dom fur. Everyone I looked at had a salt n pepper in its line. Ppl used them like crazy to pull or pass the Ausie furs. The ones I got that didn't show the salt n pepper in their lines ended up being salts. Sooooooo I had a bunch of salt n pepper boxes in my cattery and trashed that project. It showed that a lot of ppl used the "quick" way to get the newer furs, which results in flooding the market with one trait.

Since then I have stuck with the Ausiie Blue since it can't pass a salt. And at this point I am soooo grateful for that! lol I'm sure at some point I will lose my beautiful Blonde Streaked whiskers, since there is latte in the background, but I am loving the kitties I am breeding now and the latte isn't so bad. I want to add, that in moving the traits I want into the Blue, I ended up pulling a ton of Salts out of the other kitties that had the traits I wanted.

My long drawn out point is, it's not just undercutting, over breeding, and using other ppls kitties to make a buck, that hurts the market. It's also the way ppl are breeding the hurts. I didn't often spend a lot on kitties, I was always a bargain shopper. *blush But when I came back, I was spending one to two K on them to make the kitties I wanted. (I nuked my older kitties thinking they would always be around sigh) After I ended up with a bunch of Salts and other traits I didn't want, I stopped buying. A dear friend gave me a few traits I wanted to breed and have a total of 4 breeders and two boys with no girl friends, since I keep getting boys again. sigh (kitties can be sooo evil)

I believe a lot of us older breeders, and older breeders that spend a lot of money on kitties feel the same way. Why spend a lot of RL money on a new traits, or traits that we want, when they are just going to be swallowed up with a trait that is already worth less, or flooded. I also now understand why the people that spend the larger amounts of money on kitties only buy from breeders they know and trust.

Use the rec traits to see what your starters hide. Then take the time and effort to use a dom trait with those starters, to make pure traits that will last. This is a good way to build up a steady clientele that will trust you and keep coming back. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Dimpz Morane , Minx Diabolito , fabioazevedo Oh , CarlottaAdagio Resident

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devaluing problem within selling kittycats - JessicaArianaHamby Resident - 01-01-2016 04:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)