Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Devaluing problem within selling kittycats
12-25-2015, 12:49 AM
RE: Devaluing problem within selling kittycats
I totally understand the the OP is saying. All I can do at my auctions is encourage breeders to Bring Me Your Designer Cats - the ones you see in your head and then build. I am very clear that selling 'the same cat' over and over is boring for me and for buyers who become jaded.

Case in point: several months ago someone brought me a fur with a particular eye and it sold very high...it was a new combo that looked really pretty. By the following week I had that same combo at Every Single Auction until I actually said Please Stop Bringing me the same cat over and over...the fuxillionth will not get the same price as the original it. It will just cheapen a lovely cat. Add something of your own to what you start with or its just plain Plagiarism (the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.) I would be embarrassed to buy a pair of cats and reproduce them exponentially until the market is flooded with them. It does not show the breeders' skill and sense of style - it shows the lacking of such.

Clue: If you go from auction to auction to set up your cat and cant find a place for yours because there is already one there, its time to color outside the lines

I do several auctions a week and Yes, sometimes something may get past me. But when i see the constant copycat breeders bringing me the result of repetitious breeding of another breeders cats, it bothers me and I do gently remind them I want to see Their cats. LOL I have been known to say ffs if I see one more XX/XX combo I will cry! Its one thing to breed a "truth teller" as I call them, a tightly bred pedigree to lock down and purify some traits, but its something else to plagiarize another's cattery and pass it off as one's own. Just my 2cents... clink clink

SUN 4pm & WED 11am Poison's Paradise
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Th.../46/238/21

THURS 6pm
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sc...220/128/26

Be The Change You Wish to See in the World (Mahatma Gandhi)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Dimpz Morane , Aubreygrace Starlight , Eleanor8 Resident

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devaluing problem within selling kittycats - PrettyPoizen Resident - 12-25-2015 12:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)