Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Devaluing problem within selling kittycats
12-22-2015, 08:19 PM
RE: Devaluing problem within selling kittycats
I understand the frustration of taking time and effort to breed kitties and seeing clones of that cat appear from those who bought them from you. I've had this experience and even was undercut by them on their selling price which made me feel I had to then reduce mine to make mine saleable again, so I was not terribly happy about it. I'm not sure though, that it's always a purposeful attempt to upset us. It is possible that the person who bought the cat thinks it is amazing and it really caught their eye, and so they try and breed ones like it because they see it as being potentially something another may also be drawn to also, for similar reasons they were. I suppose what I'm saying is that in some cases at least, this kind of imitation can be, in theory, flattery to the fact one bred a lovely kitty. Or perhaps they were keen to breed together siblings which is why they purchased a pair from the same seller, in some cases

I would agree that in the case of newer traits people are often trying to make back what they spent on the cat. Perhaps they might keep the first offspring or a nice one, and sell others which can be clone-like. Unfortunately, it does often end up adding up to a load of clones on the market when enough people have them and are breeding them and it is then very difficult to sell that cat at all because everything gets so over-saturated

There is also the element of it that some people have and will always be in it because they want to make a profit more than anything else. I see them asking in the Kitty chat questions such as "what are the best traits?". When you ask what they mean by "best"... they indicate they mean the most saleable or those that are worth more and will sell better. They just aren't in it for the same reasons I am. Sure, I want to sell my cats but I also really enjoy making individual combinations. So they will buy a pair on purpose to produce clones and it won't bother them that it could be called the hard work of someone else. They have no issue with making money off this. It's not my personal goal or interest and it can even seem quite cold-blooded, but it is just the way some people approach it... to make profit... and I don't think we can really stop it nor make them do as we choose to

I accept it as a risk that can happen and try not to get too bothered about it

Angel "I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through" - Jules Verne Angel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , JC Aferdita , Eleanor8 Resident , Dimpz Morane

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devaluing problem within selling kittycats - Emilia Darkwatch - 12-22-2015 08:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)