Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Too Confused! About the Special Kitties breeding rules
03-29-2012, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2012 12:00 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
RE: Too Confused! About the Special Kitties breeding rules
You are correct. There are two ways they could do it, and remain fair. The Clover eye allele could be the new most-recessive allele (called a True Recessive .. to get it both parents must carry it and both parents must pass it) .. this would mean that all possible Pedigree View pages would be genetically correct. The other is, as I suggest, work it like a normal Starter by replacing whatever would have been the hidden, recessive allele and letting the implication of the Pedigree page be misleading, just as it is for all Starters. Both are easy to implement .. actually the code is identical .. the only change is that for the View page to be always correct the only possible choice is a new True Recessive; otherwise the Pedigree pages for the lucky Clovers, as with all starters, is potentially misleading.

Starting with the assumption that Clover is the new True Recessive is a good choice. All I'm saying is be prepared to have that assumption turn out to be wrong. For example, take two lucky Clovers which the View page says both have Platinum Eyes hiding Clover, breed them, and get a mating pair of Clover .. breed those offspring and .. as I'm suggesting .. don't be too surprised that, on average, they produce a Platinum 1 out of 4 times (and Clover the other 3) thereby proving Clover is dominant over Platinum and your initial assumption of it being True Recessive was incorrect.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Too Confused! About the Special Kitties breeding rules - Tad Carlucci - 03-29-2012 11:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)