Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Starters Gen. kittens useless?
04-14-2014, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2014 11:22 AM by LizzehWolfe Resident.)
RE: Starters Gen. kittens useless?
Ok, TY! I sat and figured it out so now I'm closer to understanding...fur-wise, the Genesis kittens would hide the other parents fur, and the non-Genesis are the ones who have a chance of hiding the starter parents fur...so either way, I shouldn't toss them if I feel like working to bring either out from these kittens, same for the other traits. Yay...feel free to delete this post, I've relabeled them all in my cattery ^^.
(04-14-2014 11:14 AM)Hathor Xaris Wrote:  Theres no such thing as a dud kitty, only a breeder without patience, all kitties have the potential to hide GREAT things especially any new genesis furs / starters, but the nicer things take more patience, after back breeding 2-3 times into parent or sibling you may find genesis furs won't pop out as much, helps to use your most recessive furs like a foxie salt & pepper 9T with starters then take baby of appropriate gender and breed with starter parent again, just remember if you do pull a dominant fur in the ped with anything showing that comes out recessive like foxie s&p then this cat will no longer hide these dominant things in the pedigree, in other words only recessive things in the pedigree to the shown fur/trait of the cat can be considered a passable hidden trait.

Wow, this helps too, ty Hathor! This is so fun for me, and I don't mind the work at all! Also a huge TY for your kitties in helping me in this journey...I've visited your live cattery, stores and MP many times already ;D.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Hathor Xaris

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starters Gen. kittens useless? - LizzehWolfe Resident - 04-14-2014 11:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)