Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Frustration in the Cattery! (Let's rant ;))
05-08-2012, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 09:47 AM by penfold83 Resident.)
RE: Frustration in the Cattery! (Let's rant ;))
I have the same problem with one male, now this boy has got around with different females but every OS he has helped with has given me girls *sighs*

And this is not the only breeding line that has been doing the same, feels like the RNG needs a good kick Confused

[Image: Myabbybshell.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Emme Oxygen
05-08-2012, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 10:18 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Sorry this pedigree makes me laugh so hard while this clearly is not funny though recognisable.
We are a strange bunch with a strange hobby aren't we?

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

05-08-2012, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 10:51 AM by Khea Karas.)
Joins the rant:

I feel like there is no point anymore in making arguments why we need gender or similar method of seeing what a kitten is before opening the box. While I appreciate and am grateful for the many improvements KCs do make to the product, I feel like this "priority issue" for us, is not such a priority for the company, despite our many many months of frustration and crying out for a solution and pointing out obvious inconsistencies. There are clearly some problems with gender, because not all of us can be random isolated cases Tongue

Quote: From Anna:
Apparently there is some future release which showing gender on boxes interfere with.
It'll have to be pretty awesome to outweigh this very real need to know the sex.
I agree...and I wonder why we have not seen this feature implemented sooner, if not only to give us some comfort and to shut us up on this issue Tongue

I get so frustrated at times that I just want to yell: "Stop giving us updates we can live without like an extra pose on our cats, and PLEASE for heavens sake...listen to your customers about gender" everytime I get another useless kitten that I will menagerie or take back into my inventory.

At least if we had gender we could keep the box for later if it were not the correct sex. Once that box is open, there is no going back, so what to do with an same gender cat with identical stats?? Especially when I gather up 5 or 6 of them?? There is nothing I can do...I cant sell it (mainly because it is not a fully traited cat and shows nothing but average stats being a generation 2). So once again I pay money into potions and food for nothing...and another weeks wait...IF Im lucky .

The worse thing is once I finally do get the breeding pair I knew those very first cats where capable of, the project is worthless due to market drop and I may as well cut my loses.

"Well at least I had fun....right????".... hell no!
(05-08-2012 09:47 AM)penfold83 Resident Wrote:  I have the same problem with one male, now this boy has got around with different females but every OS he has helped with has given me girls *sighs*

And this is not the only breeding line that has been doing the same, feels like the RNG needs a good kick Confused

[Image: Myabbybshell.png]

I know you are not alone and could also dig up MANY lines with a similar looking gender issue.

Please KCs, for the sake of your customers sanity, and the future of your product, listen and acknowledge there is a problem with gender that needs a solution. Wink

[Image: v9rl.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Emme Oxygen
05-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Well I still have fun and I try to ignore this matter because otherwise it makes no sense to breed right?
But yes it sure can get us when this happens over and over again.

Retro Kitties Showroom »

05-08-2012, 11:07 AM
(05-08-2012 11:03 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Well I still have fun and I try to ignore this matter because otherwise it makes no sense to breed right?

Yeh my point is its no fun at all working hard to produce at cat that is useless to me.

05-08-2012, 11:10 AM
(05-08-2012 11:07 AM)Khea Karas Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 11:03 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Well I still have fun and I try to ignore this matter because otherwise it makes no sense to breed right?

Yeh my point is its no fun at all working hard to produce at cat that is useless to me.

Totally agree!

Retro Kitties Showroom »

05-08-2012, 11:31 AM
hi all Smile

Our next update WILL include what we once called "future functionality" and it WILL be awesome and it WILL logically explain why we don't want boxes to show gender.

Penfold showed us an example where a certain dad got 6 times a girl as offspring (we can't say anything about the unboxed one).
6 boxes can result in 64 different possible combinations, of which 2 of them are either all girls, or all boys.
So for every 32 cats that did have 6 cats as offspring, one would result in all the same gender.
This indeed means the situation can be seen quiet often.

Regards
KittyCatS
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Bea Shamrock
05-08-2012, 11:39 AM
(05-08-2012 11:31 AM)KittyCats Resident Wrote:  hi all Smile

Our next update WILL include what we once called "future functionality" and it WILL be awesome and it WILL logically explain why we don't want boxes to show gender.

Regards
KittyCatS

Cool I'm looking forward :-)

Retro Kitties Showroom »

05-08-2012, 11:49 AM
(05-08-2012 11:31 AM)KittyCats Resident Wrote:  hi all Smile

Penfold showed us an example where a certain dad got 6 times a girl as offspring (we can't say anything about the unboxed one).
6 boxes can result in 64 different possible combinations, of which 2 of them are either all girls, or all boys.
So for every 32 cats that did have 6 cats as offspring, one would result in all the same gender.

Regards
KittyCatS

YAY! Cant wait! Thanks for the reply KittyCats. BIG Smile Smile

05-08-2012, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 12:53 PM by anna Acanthus.)
(05-08-2012 11:31 AM)KittyCats Resident Wrote:  Penfold showed us an example where a certain dad got 6 times a girl as offspring (we can't say anything about the unboxed one).

I'm maybe being extra-blonde today but i'm not sure i quite follow this ...
In fact i'm sure i don't Tongue

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)