Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Shade as trait?
05-02-2014, 12:37 AM
Shade as trait?
Yesterday I had a new kitty box of a Black Russian, and it had "only" 8 traits, because of its natural shade......I was HAPPY about this!Heart The natural shade is so much nicer! And I rememberd an entry by Winter Phoenix some time ago, where he made the suggestion to invent a button to swich the shininess on and off. A good idea!! On most of the furs the Glitter, or Illume.....in general the glossy shades make the kitties look like made of plastic...
To keep the count of 9 traits I make a further suggestion, namely to create various body shapes. Look a the kitties in RL.....there are rounded, slim. short, long, fat etc bodies.....I would love it to see my 10 little buggers, which I have running around inworld all with different body shapes. It would give even more individuality to every kitten.
Worth to think about it?......Idea
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Mizaki Resident
05-02-2014, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 09:09 AM by Ivy Norsk.)
RE: Shade as trait?
I get what you're saying about 8T being counted less than 9T with sales. Curious Big eyes are also great. I think people do buy cats 7T and up pretty regularly - I know I have and do. Granted 9T sells best.

When I first joined KittyCats! I figured I wouldn't worry about shade. I've found that the different shades have grown on me over time. They aren't realistic, except as in so far as the porcelain mimics the many Asian cat statues (which I like), but I think the lack of reality is appropriate for SL. Fantasy and stretching the bounds of reality is part of what SL is for (just my opinion). And the shades do have a tremendous (or subtle) effect on the furs. I don't really think you can appreciate a Russian Blue unless it has flair shade behind it - and you can't see that on the box or on the website.

One thing that converted me from absolutely hating illume, was turning my client "glow" setting down from the default of 2 to 1.

As to different shapes... I suspect that would be difficult. I do think that it would be great fun if they could add an extra prim around the neck for some cats - to make menagerie lions for instance, or Norwegian skog kats.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Rala Huckleberry , MsMagick Resident
05-02-2014, 02:37 PM
I agree with Ivy here tweaking the setting for glow from 2 to 1 made illumish shades so much more acceptable to me.
I found that setting by accident because I really hated Illume and Glitter in a lesser degree.
While shades are a matter of taste and there are certainly furs I prefer without a shade and at that point it is up to me to decide if I make a 9T just for the sake of making a 9T or do I skip the shade.
Same goes in my case with the eyes I love a big pupil with a mysterious eyes shape overall way better than the "perfect" eye.
I devided my cattery in cats I make for me and to have as pets and those I breed for the market as breeding tool for other breeders.
It is funny you mention it Ivy porcelain was right away my favorite shade for the same reason as you Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Rala Huckleberry
05-03-2014, 02:19 AM
Thank you, Ivy and Kayleigh, for the interesting feedbacks. These discussions always help to enlargen the own horizon. Smile
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
06-12-2015, 09:36 AM
My opinion is that if the cat overall has a beautiful look to it, whoever loves it is going to want it and won't care what the T number is, or the price.

I personally prefer large pupils, even though that is considered genesis, and I see nothing wrong with genesis tails either. I will still count the traits in the proper way though, for those who care about it.

[Image: 2hxadq8.jpg]
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Kayleigh McMillan
06-12-2015, 09:22 PM

The dreaded shades!! Argh!
Don't get me started on them halogen white Russian illume cats!

I've been trying to breed my way away from them freaky shades!
I am also a fan of big pupils.
So you wont find me aiming for 9 traiters that often.

The shape thingy sounds interesting.

I'd like to see one of those short legged puffball cats!

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Kayleigh McMillan
06-12-2015, 11:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2015 02:05 PM by MsMagick Resident.)
Thanks! I just turned down my glow setting too. (Now watch me turn glow on for my own shoes or jewelry, and set it WAAAY too high for everyone else! :-) )

One of my first cats had Glitter. For some reason, I liked it on her, but then I saw just how bright it was on other kitties and how badly it washed out the patterns on the Ocis. Now I'm trying to get it out of my cattery, along with Big Boo Boo tails and ears (poor kitties). I do like a little glow sometimes, and a lot of my kitties have Twinkle so I can watch them play in the dark. :-) (I'm not entirely joking.)

The Magick Cattery

In World Kitties For Sale: http://torgon.info/manage/index.html#!/k...20Resident
MarketPlace: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/167189
 Thanks given by: Oselkhandro Resident
06-13-2015, 01:42 PM
Its a relief to find out that someone else doesn't like to see kitties with Boo Boos! I had figured that these were special traits, and expected people to like them.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Oselkhandro_Resident]
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
06-13-2015, 02:27 PM
I've noticed that the people that care the most about 9T kitties are the people that join KC in hopes of earning lots and lots of money. Lots of people don't care how many traits a cat have, it's what the cat looks like that they are going for Big Grin
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident , Eleanor8 Resident
06-13-2015, 06:34 PM

Well, I DO like boo boo'd appendages!

Makes em' seem like they are more ROUGH AND TUMBLE!

No other cat will mess with another cat that's had half its ear chewed off!

"SEE THIS MESSED UP TAIL??? YAH, GO AHEAD...MAKE MY DAY!"

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
 Thanks given by: yourbestboy69 Resident , Ryanna Enfield , Eleanor8 Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)