Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

The online pedigree should be viewable by anyone even with out pedigree sign
12-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Exclamation The online pedigree should be viewable by anyone even with out pedigree sign
I have been running into many people who claim a cat has something hiding in the background, and of course there is no pedigree sign to prove this. By clicking on the cat I can only see the two immediate parents, whose names have been changed to whatever the supposed claimed hiding fur is. I have asked the owners for pedigrees, and find there is no hidden fur in the pedigree. Some people try to scam people. I fear people who are newly into breeding KittyCats will not know any better and will be suckered into this scam. I have invested a lot of money into my kitties as have alot of people, and I feel we should have the right to see full pedigree without owners permission.

I vote the online pedigree be viewable to anyone who is registered with KittyCats by doing a search of the KittyCats ID number.

Come visit us at Alley Cats! We running low on empty shacks!
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Al...147/129/24
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2011, 01:05 PM
RE: The online pedigree should be viewable by anyone even with out pedigree sign
Totally vote for this and sadly I have noticed this as well.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Kristyn23 Resident
12-14-2011, 01:14 PM
RE: The online pedigree should be viewable by anyone even with out pedigree sign

I too have noticed this about some of the cats I have seen and agree that a lot of time and money gets invested in these kitties so I would consider this false advertisement bordering on fraud. These kitties aren't just our SL pets...for some...they are our RL income.

I also think it would be very good to have access to all of the available pedigrees and the information so lineage can be traced back. If cats or dogs or any other purebred animal are registered in RL then this is an option.

Emeralld
12-14-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't agree. The pedigree information is for the owner, especially regarding breeding, etc. If you get a cat from a "shady" seller, don't buy from the person again and spread the word for your friends.

I think the community and the secondary market ask KittyCats some "solutions" we could come up with being reasonable while selling, buying, maintaining our own business. If you are very interested in a cat, contact the seller if pedigree is not provided. People who really care about KittyCats are not even necessarily the ones who have prime to put all pedigrees there, but those who can give you valuable information about the cat with or without the pedigree thingy.

It makes us all more of a caring community and less of a bunch of treasure hunters kind of type.

Plus, the best cats to buy take time and research. You may end up buying the first one you looked, but you'll be sure that was the best option for your project/cattery.

I don't wanna be the one against the world on this, but I think we should look at the bigger picture.

<3 Emme
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-14-2011, 03:44 PM
I can understand if the owner would like to keep his/her breeding techniques a secret but I feel if the cat is tagged for sale there should be a way we can view the full pedigree without the pedigree. So many times have I tried contacting owners for peds and get no replies. Seems to be the same story over and over. And no I don't buy from them, and yes I tell my friends who they are. I appreciate your opinion on this. =)

Come visit us at Alley Cats! We running low on empty shacks!
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Al...147/129/24
12-14-2011, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2011 04:35 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
I understand as well there are good reasons for a breeder to keep certain breeding techniques hidden to avoid copy behaviour.
But yes, since ones one has bought a cat the pedigree obviously is visable I agree with Sissy when a box or cat is marked for sale maybe this could be the moment more pedigree information will become automatically available to the possible buyer with or without pedigree sign.
Maybe ( just an other thought a friend just shared with me) for privacy reasons it would be cool if there was an optional setting in the menu to give people access to the pedigree of a cat or not.
Just as with activate walk and run or not.

Retro Kitties Showroom »

12-14-2011, 04:42 PM
I think this is a good thing when selling a cat! Completely not needed when NOT selling a cat. If this was an option that could be turned on and off I think it would be a wonderful addition to KittyCats...However I do NOT think that this should be an "always on and available" feature. I have NOTHING to hide...but what I do with my cats is my business....If you want to buy a cat from me, Please look at the pedigree, ask a zillion questions...I am all for honest open communication to help the buyer make an informed decision...However, if i am not selling the cat.....privacy is important to me!
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Emme Oxygen
12-14-2011, 04:43 PM
(12-14-2011 04:42 PM)Doodlebugg Resident Wrote:  I think this is a good thing when selling a cat! Completely not needed when NOT selling a cat. If this was an option that could be turned on and off I think it would be a wonderful addition to KittyCats...However I do NOT think that this should be an "always on and available" feature. I have NOTHING to hide...but what I do with my cats is my business....If you want to buy a cat from me, Please look at the pedigree, ask a zillion questions...I am all for honest open communication to help the buyer make an informed decision...However, if i am not selling the cat.....privacy is important to me!

I agree unless you sell cats are privacy:-)

Retro Kitties Showroom »

12-14-2011, 04:51 PM
I agree wholehearted with this. ALWAYS ask the breeder questions when you buy a cat and if there is no pedigree button request one. If they refuse then you know they are not being honest. Also ask around and make sure the breeder is recognized as an honest person and known. Kittycats is a close knit community so you should have no problems finding out details if you need them.

Something I would like to see changed in the pedigree however would be some added generations for our cats going back 4 or 5 generations. Also the possiblity to see direct siblings and offspring. This would be very helpful and useful when selling cats.

[Image: v9rl.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-14-2011, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2011 05:09 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(12-14-2011 04:51 PM)Khea Karas Wrote:  I agree wholehearted with this. ALWAYS ask the breeder questions when you buy a cat and if there is no pedigree button request one. If they refuse then you know they are not being honest. Also ask around and make sure the breeder is recognized as an honest person and known. Kittycats is a close knit community so you should have no problems finding out details if you need them.

Something I would like to see changed in the pedigree however would be some added generations for our cats going back 4 or 5 generations. Also the possiblity to see direct siblings and offspring. This would be very helpful and useful when selling cats.

oh yeah on the last one Heart
Oh it crossed my mind concerning privacy.
Maybe even "info" to a non owner shouldn't be accessable unless enabled because I'm all for privacy of the breeder but also for the option for a seller to show it all.
After all what the cat shows is such tiny part of what the cat is capable of giving.

Retro Kitties Showroom »

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)