Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Don't lose price!
12-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Don't lose price!
I wish the kitty cats didn't lose their price when they are updated. What a mess it is!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2011, 02:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 02:08 AM by Stormrunner Laval.)
RE: Don't lose price!
Unfortunately KittyCats has no say on the price changes - it is lead by the customer market. Prices drop because new coats etc come out and also because the market becomes flooded with the previous coats.

Say like the Pink and White Chateau - It was very rare but was from RFL Season of Hope cats. That was months ago. The influx of these RFL traited cats is more what dropped the price then the new Halloween Cats and the update.

Breeders want to breed the new coats, the old ones go to the wayside unless they have new eyes or ears etc then they get bred back into other stock.

I believe (and others may not agree) that KittyCats puts new traits on the market at the right times (after a number of months).

If they do not make the Chrismas cats give loads of new coats (considering there is still a very low quantity of the current "new" items) I think it will stay this way. When I say loads of coats I mean like the what 6+? given with the Halloween kitties. If it is one or two it isn't going to do much to the market as the newer coats are still really new and still really expensive.
12-09-2011, 05:31 AM
That is not the point.

Say i have a cat for sale at 2000L. I use the updater. The new cat is no longer for sale, and the previous sale price is forgotten! (It says 1000L in gray)

Having to reset the price on each individual cat is a pain!
12-09-2011, 06:32 AM
you get used to it. Wink

After the first time I began to first write all prices down, then update my cats and set prices again, reading them from my notes. I think it's a matter of routine.
12-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Suggestion for upgrades:

I'm suggesting this as an upgrade to the current version. i have over 100 kitties, and i hate to reprice them individually. It's a pain and very time consuming.

And speaking of restoring things after an upgrade, do the kitties remember their pose and home location?
12-09-2011, 11:28 AM
(12-09-2011 06:49 AM)Taylor Schroeder Wrote:  Suggestion for upgrades:

I'm suggesting this as an upgrade to the current version. i have over 100 kitties, and i hate to reprice them individually. It's a pain and very time consuming.

And speaking of restoring things after an upgrade, do the kitties remember their pose and home location?

Ah ok I get you now. I mis-read what you had said.

I don't believe that is a Update thing but an SL thing. Anything I've ever had to sell if it updates it loses its sale price :/.
12-09-2011, 01:21 PM
I think since the kitty actually is re-rezzing while updating it might not be possible.
Not sure if this also happens when we for example apply a collar or hat as basically this makes the kitty re-rezz as well.
It would definately be cool if at all possible within SL's limitations if the prices given to kitties last.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

12-12-2011, 07:42 AM
(12-09-2011 01:21 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Not sure if this also happens when we for example apply a collar or hat as basically this makes the kitty re-rezz as well.

Yes, it does. Adding a collar or hat to a cat also resets the price. Wink
12-12-2011, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 05:40 PM by KittyCatS.)
hi All Smile

Second Life does not allow a script to set the price for an object.
For that reason, the price is the only thing we can't restore after an update.

The only way around that would be updating the contents of the cats (scripts, etc...), rather then the whole cat, but that requires them to be modify. It would also make the updater about 48 times slower then its current speed.

Regards
KittyCatS

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)