Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

New fur for Russians
12-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Rainbow New fur for Russians
I was noticing that most of the kitties have several different furs/colors. The Russians have only 3 and the white is now retired. May I suggest a lavender or lilac Russian?

Big Grin Catriona
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Vampiva Belfire , Ryanna Enfield , MiuKitten Resident
12-30-2013, 12:45 AM
RE: New fur for Russians
I think someone once said that the Russians won't have any crazy colours (which is such a shame!) cuz they are a 'rl-breed', while the non-'rl-breeds' can have crazy colours! Big Grin
12-30-2013, 01:09 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2013 01:21 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
I'd love that but as JC said I believe kitties are not supposed to have unrealistic furs according to Kittycats.
Different from other traits such as colored eyes or surealistic ears, tails and whatnot that is something Kittycats allows us to breed for.
But maybe a lilac as in the siamese Lilac or lavender such as used in the Oci's is something they dare to challenge.
After all Pandie's and Foxy's are kind of a long shot as well when it comes to realism.
I believe those furs are based on a picture or two which displays a cat with markings which look a little like a fox or a pandie.
But besides those markings the Foxy's have a different nose probably a sort of Foxy nose as well and a bit fox type of nails at least the earlier versions of the Foxy's KC released had that.
Later they took away the littlebit different looking nails I believe.
Perhaps I love to breed for colored furs such as the Chateau Pink, depending on how it looks, but I'm not such fan of the Foxy and Pandie breeds.
I stopped breeding a starter a couple of times when a Foxy or Pandie fur was hidden and I ignore them on the markets as well Smile
I think it is also a taste sensitive matter.
But if you mean Lavender as in the Oci Lavender and Lilac as in the Siamese and the Balinese they may like to bring such Russian.

EDIT I just noticed KC took away the black foxy type of nails from the earlier released Foxies as well the typical nose they still have.
I have an Auburn which I obtained because it has grass eyes I want to use in an other breed line.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Catriona Donogal
12-30-2013, 02:02 AM
They might, yeah, if it's that kind of lilac meaning, but I don't think I've actually heard of a russian with that colouration, the rl-breeds have colourations that the rl-breeds have. The Chateaus and the foxy and pandies are fantasy ones, that's why they can put in whatever colours they desire Smile
 Thanks given by: Catriona Donogal
12-30-2013, 02:21 AM
(12-30-2013 02:02 AM)jc aferdita Wrote:  They might, yeah, if it's that kind of lilac meaning, but I don't think I've actually heard of a russian with that colouration, the rl-breeds have colourations that the rl-breeds have. The Chateaus and the foxy and pandies are fantasy ones, that's why they can put in whatever colours they desire Smile

Yes I think you are right.
The Pandie and Foxies might be the exception they made Smile

Retro Kitties Showroom »

12-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Yes that is what I was thinking, colors like in the Oci Lav and Bali Lilac. Not crazy colors. But thanks you ladies for your replies
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
12-31-2013, 08:58 AM
(12-30-2013 01:05 PM)Catriona Donogal Wrote:  Yes that is what I was thinking, colors like in the Oci Lav and Bali Lilac. Not crazy colors. But thanks you ladies for your replies

That would be really lovely I adore the Russians the more the better Smile

Retro Kitties Showroom »

01-01-2014, 01:08 AM
They keep the real life breeds to the breed standards for colors. So sadly the three colors we have for russians are all that are standard to their breed so we won't see lilacs or seals ect. because while standard to other breeds they are not standard to the russians. There is a thread asking for more fantasy colors like the Pink & White Chateau (which Chateau is a made up breed so could have fantasy colors) The only other exception to the fantasy colors is the Fancie Cats but as we can't breed their furs it sorta doesn't count in my mind.

Here is a link to the thread where we ask for more colors. http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=7608

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ryanna Enfield
01-04-2014, 12:37 PM
Personally, I think that the legendary Russian - Pink should be implemented, even as a Fancie fur. The legendary Russian - Pink is brought up time and time again in humor (I saw it in KC Addicts chat again just a day or so ago LOL) and it would be way too cool to have it as a nod to this recurring joke.

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Vrem Vaniva , Balalika Ivanovic
01-04-2014, 01:37 PM
(01-04-2014 12:37 PM)Deer Thistle Wrote:  Personally, I think that the legendary Russian - Pink should be implemented, even as a Fancie fur. The legendary Russian - Pink is brought up time and time again in humor (I saw it in KC Addicts chat again just a day or so ago LOL) and it would be way too cool to have it as a nod to this recurring joke.

That would be super fun indeed Smile

Retro Kitties Showroom »

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)