Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Arrows Please
04-16-2016, 02:37 PM
Arrows Please
The new Item Pavilion really could benefit from arrows leading to it from the landing point!. I see a lot of where are XYZ now. While normally a CSR are even a person in chat is happy to help. We don't always see this are we are not always around to give them help!. Arrows would least point them in the right direction. Special since the pavilion is kinda hidden away! and is enclosed enough that the items are not see able from the landing point!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also just a more fun suggestion would be to have a mega ((think rezer)) that would allow people to sit on it then come up with a menu asking them where in the store they like to go!. Then it take them to that location. I am sure it could be done and would add a bit of fun to Kittycats and unique way to get around the store while still showing off all the items up for offer!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: MsMagick Resident
04-16-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: Arrows Please
See my other comment. Signs are ALWAYS a Good Thing (SM).

Having an official guide is a terrific idea.

The easiest, but least fun, method would be a Megapuss teleporter. More fun would be an animated ride like the horses you see around SL. There are scripts for both, so they're not a lot of work.

Best, of course, is a LIVE Guide, either standing near the landing point, or a sign directing people to the inner courtyard where one may be found.

But, staffing for a LIVE Guide can be problematic. So, perhaps, it would be best to offer all three forms: Live Guide (when present), Automated Guide (always present), and a Store Map w/Teleporter.

Doesn't hurt to cover all bases.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-17-2016, 01:15 AM
what place is this?

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin
04-17-2016, 01:26 AM
Hehe I agree Tad and Tatiana no where yet! perhaps we will see this at Kittycats one day thought "grins" it be a lot of fun! to take guided tours of the sim via cat!.
04-18-2016, 09:24 AM
While signage is a good thing, please don't underestimate the general SL user and pollute the environment with fullbright paths all over the place like some hunts and weekend sale events do. Most of us are more than capable of using direct landmarks (Has been sent to the Addicts group already) or turn 90 degrees instead of 180 degrees from the main landing point.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
04-21-2016, 08:24 AM
I was trying to ask what is the "Item Pavillion" as I have not seen notices for anything called that. I'm confused...

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin
04-21-2016, 10:27 AM
aww Tatiana its a area with lots of freebie items for kittycats. Mostly utility items like reboxers, Break Up (for cats that have been partnered less then 24hrs) also cattery dock etc. Its pretty hidden thats why I suggested what I did. Cause unless you know its there are wonder around then you might never find it.
04-22-2016, 03:35 AM
Items Pavillion: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ki.../94/105/25

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

04-22-2016, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2016 08:03 PM by LibGwen Resident.)
Question RE: Arrows Please
I don't understand why people are having trouble finding it. I noticed and was curious about it before they even put anything in it. My draw distance is only 56m. You look at the store. There are two big pavilions, one to the left which has always been there, and one to the right which is new. "Oh, what's in that?"

Addendum: Wait a minute. Are the people who can't find it teleporting directly to the food section instead of using the default landing point? If so, that's something anyone who might put up a sign *needs to know*.
04-22-2016, 08:52 PM
Dunno about others but here's what I do: (1) TP to the main landing point from the landmark which comes with every starter. (2) Cam inside the door, pivot and look for the item I need based upon memory of where it used to be. (3) Snag the item, them TP back home. Note, nowhere in the process do I look around, or even move.

After half a decade at this, I know what I want and where it *WAS* and the only reason I know to look elsewhere is because I actually read the forums. If I hadn't, my first response would be to look around INSIDE the Main Store, and I'd probably not even consider playing hide-and-seek out on the grounds. I'm sure I'd eventually find it, but Charm's ears would be burning from the stream of deleted expletives.

Really, what's the problem with a sign or two? Not everyone explores the entire sim every time they need food or another dock. And not everyone is an old hand who knows about (much less actually reads) the forums or even the in-world chat group.

Sign are there for changes, yes. They are also there to help new people as well old players looking for an infrequently sought item.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)