Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Toddleedoo and Kid friendly options
04-09-2016, 12:25 AM
Toddleedoo and Kid friendly options
Hi, loving the kittys, I have the 2 birthday ones, Fluffs n Stuffs and a teacup kitty called Princess.

Unfortunately as I'm a toddleedoo when I "Lay" with them it places my whole avi beneath the floor, I've managed to move the kitties into the correct position but, no way of moving my avi above the floor.

Also when petting them it positions my avi too far away from them and trying to move the kitty closer of course just moves my avi too. I was wondering if it would be possible to add a button to choose if you're a toddleedoo or a kid that would adjust to positions so you can pet them properly.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2016, 09:13 AM
RE: Toddleedoo and Kid friendly options
You can adjust your hover height when laying with your kitties. To do this...bring up the pie menu on yourself why laying down. Select the appearance part of the menu and then select hover height. Granted you will have do this every time...but at least you won't be stuck in the floor.

[Image: sneaks_forum_signature.png]
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sh...2/224/2001
04-10-2016, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 09:00 AM by LibGwen Resident.)
Yes, this is a problem for all "short" avatars in SL. My main form is 1.62m (5'4") and many lie animations that are not built into decor put me almost completely underground. (And as you say, petting and other such animations tend to be inches away from whatever is being petted.) Although avatars are not as gigantic as they were when I was new, I have not noticed any reduction in how far underground newer animated wearables put me. The Hover Appearance setting finally gave some control, but it's so annoying having to use it for every wearable lie down (and again when standing again), I avoid using lie animators at all.

Hm, I wonder if someday a scaler could be built into the viewers that could tweak how much altitude is compensated either automatically depending on the height of the shape being worn, or manually like the Hover setting. Then we'd only have to adjust *once* until we change shape again.
04-10-2016, 10:22 AM
What I do, when doing a photo shoot, is edit the avatars in the shot and move them where I want them. No, you're not really moving someone else (or yourself); you're simply moving where they appear on your screen. Very handy, and no permanent change like hover height would be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)