Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Search by parents traits in pedigree
05-08-2012, 01:27 AM
Lightbulb Search by parents traits in pedigree
I would love to be able to search by trait of parents in pedigree. I know we can filter our cats and boxes by shown trait and it's nice to be able to look at just a certain fur or by ones that have black whisker etc. But what would save me a TON of partnering time would be a second filter option that would search by parents (therefore possibly hidden) traits.

I was looking to pair up a little red tabby with black curious whiskers tonight and though it was pretty simple to see what cats I had that showed either black or curious whisker..the ones that could hide it are harder to keep track of, especially if you have a lot of cats. So in that instance..I wrack my brain..and end up opening and viewing the parents of every cat I have of the right gender to try and find the best possible match.

I know some get around this by naming cats things like burmplat/prism/blkwhid but to me, my cats are part of the family and I can't bring myself to name that way. So it may take me an hour or more to remember/figure out that Sir Puffytoes of Mouserton could hide black whiskers...it would be sooo much faster if we could search by trait of the parents.

Just a thought...
Noc

Nacht's Landing
ScratchN Shop
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2012, 10:09 AM
RE: Search by parents traits in pedigree
(05-08-2012 01:27 AM)Nocshadue Balbozar Wrote:  I would love to be able to search by trait of parents in pedigree. I know we can filter our cats and boxes by shown trait and it's nice to be able to look at just a certain fur or by ones that have black whisker etc. But what would save me a TON of partnering time would be a second filter option that would search by parents (therefore possibly hidden) traits.

I was looking to pair up a little red tabby with black curious whiskers tonight and though it was pretty simple to see what cats I had that showed either black or curious whisker..the ones that could hide it are harder to keep track of, especially if you have a lot of cats. So in that instance..I wrack my brain..and end up opening and viewing the parents of every cat I have of the right gender to try and find the best possible match.

I know some get around this by naming cats things like burmplat/prism/blkwhid but to me, my cats are part of the family and I can't bring myself to name that way. So it may take me an hour or more to remember/figure out that Sir Puffytoes of Mouserton could hide black whiskers...it would be sooo much faster if we could search by trait of the parents.

Just a thought...
Noc

This is exactly why I keep a separate spreadsheet of all my cats and boxes, including what's hiding in each.

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)