Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Please can someone explain…
10-15-2022, 03:20 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2022 03:35 AM by Cloudmover Resident.)
Please can someone explain…
Hi folks

I’m trying to get a certain eye I like from a dominant fur on to a recessive one. Please can someone explain how you can do it. Do you breed the two cats together and then breed two of their kittens together, hoping hidden traits will come out? Or is better to back breed??

So basically, I have a cat with a dominant fur and dominant eye color (which I like!) and a cat with a recessive fur and recessive eye color. And I want the dominant eye color on the recessive fur! Suggestions please!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2022, 06:39 AM
RE: Please can someone explain…
Ik lees even mee.

(10-15-2022 03:20 AM)Cloudmover Resident Wrote:  Hi folks

I’m trying to get a certain eye I like from a dominant fur on to a recessive one. Please can someone explain how you can do it. Do you breed the two cats together and then breed two of their kittens together, hoping hidden traits will come out? Or is better to back breed??

So basically, I have a cat with a dominant fur and dominant eye color (which I like!) and a cat with a recessive fur and recessive eye color. And I want the dominant eye color on the recessive fur! Suggestions please!!

TIA
10-16-2022, 09:47 AM

TIA

When I am moving a dominant eye to a more recessive fur I tend to breed a sibling pair showing the eye and then breed them together and hope to get a pair with the eye and the hopefully hidden fur. Without knowing which recessive fur you are using or its purity its hard to judge as the more recessive will likely hide another even more recessive fur and you may end up hiding that instead of the one you want. For this reason I generally try to breed at least 2 sibling pairs in case the first pair fail.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Sabanna Moonshadow , Cloudmover Resident , Fennet Resident
10-16-2022, 10:46 AM
Oh cool. I will do that.

Thanks very much for your help Arwen Smile

(10-16-2022 09:47 AM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  

TIA

When I am moving a dominant eye to a more recessive fur I tend to breed a sibling pair showing the eye and then breed them together and hope to get a pair with the eye and the hopefully hidden fur. Without knowing which recessive fur you are using or its purity its hard to judge as the more recessive will likely hide another even more recessive fur and you may end up hiding that instead of the one you want. For this reason I generally try to breed at least 2 sibling pairs in case the first pair fail.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)