KittyCatS! Community Forum
Build-a-cat - Printable Version

+- KittyCatS! Community Forum (https://kittycats.ws/forum)
+-- Forum: KittyCatS Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Cat Chat - General Discussions about KittyCatS (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Build-a-cat (/showthread.php?tid=6521)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Build-a-cat - leaf Spires - 02-24-2013 05:38 AM

thats great fun ,a great idea though some ears/eyes didnt load yet for me its nice to toy with traits like that .eyes especialy nice to try on furs...now i really want fancie rose diamond even moreeeeeee!!

RE: Build-a-cat - Tad Carlucci - 02-24-2013 04:36 PM

My feeling was that the only rule for when a Pedigree/Cattery image would be installed should have been once it had been discovered. And, once discovered, all flavors of the image should be installed. It was explained to me that it's "more complex" What "more complex" means was never defined. All I can say is there are traits which have been discovered, have been shown to be breedable, but for which certain combinations of traits have no image.

The images are "combined" in a rather logical manner. Eye color/shape/pupil-size is one combination. Whisker color/shape is another. Ear/fur is the final combination. Ear selects the shadow, as well. Tail is not visible in the images, and shade would be all but impossible to show on the web.

Size is shown on the Pedigree/Cattery pages by scaling the images. This is a bit problematic with the new sizes .. some of them scale so large the ears (and possibly even the eyes) are getting cut off. My page doesn't do size. I display the image at it's "natural" size .. the size of the actual image file.

RE: Build-a-cat - Revan Salamander - 03-02-2013 12:44 PM

Awesome cant stop playing with this tool lol

RE: Build-a-cat - Terrariea Resident - 03-14-2013 12:48 AM

Heart Heart Heart

[Image: 8555802055_a0c445d19d_o.png]

Heart Heart Heart

super cute "most recessiv" cat

Heart Heart Heart

RE: Build-a-cat - Angelfa Watkins - 03-14-2013 02:05 AM

This is a great tool for planning beautiful kitties! Thank you so much!

RE: Build-a-cat - Deer Thistle - 04-13-2013 03:22 AM

Bump for this awesome post!

RE: Build-a-cat - Ethereal Hurricane - 04-13-2013 03:56 AM

This is a great tool for those of us that need visuals. I just finally started breeding today, so this is giving me ideas. Thanks!

RE: Build-a-cat - Angelfa Watkins - 04-13-2013 10:54 AM

Yep, this is an awesome tool! I use it every time I get a new project idea, to confirm that it is a good one!

RE: Build-a-cat - Tad Carlucci - 04-16-2013 08:21 AM

(02-21-2013 12:00 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  The web page is probably getting stale. KittyCatS has put a stop to looking directly into the folders on the web server. So, I can only add trait values if someone requests them. I only show non-special traits .. that is, those you can actually breed out. If someone could make a list of the traits I'm missing, I'll see if I can add them.

If you're using Firefox and want to make it easy on me, go to the Pedigree View page for the cat showing the trait. On the View menu, select Page Style, No Style. (Select View->Page Style->Basic Page Style to put the page back together again.) This will allow you to see the individual images which make up a cat. Right click on each of the four images, in turn, and select View Image Info. Copy the entire "Location". Send all four names. Please check my page first, and make sure that the cat shows a trait which my page does not present, or a trait which my page presents incorrectly. Remember, I'm only interested in breedable traits .. not costumes and specials .. and tails cannot be represented on the Pedigree and Cattery pages, so I can't present them, either.

RE: Build-a-cat - Maxwell Grantly - 04-20-2013 04:30 AM

Well done, that is a remarkable tool. I am pleased that it even works on my iPad too.