KittyCatS! Community Forum
DOES KITTY HAVE TO BE PAIRED TO BREED? - Printable Version

+- KittyCatS! Community Forum (https://kittycats.ws/forum)
+-- Forum: KittyCatS Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Breeding (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: DOES KITTY HAVE TO BE PAIRED TO BREED? (/showthread.php?tid=37982)

DOES KITTY HAVE TO BE PAIRED TO BREED? - KateRenaissance Resident - 01-11-2023 05:12 AM

Hello kitty lovers

I wanted to try something different and unpair all my kitties. Sometimes I tend to wake them up if they are both at 100% and one is sleeping because I am anxious to see baby arrive. However, I thought I would throw caution to the wind and see what happens if I don't wake anyone up and mix and match all the kitties in 2D cat form as I have been doing in the past but this time, not pairing them at all and just leaving them to partner as they go along.

QUESTION: Is this ok for breeding or will it slow down the breeding process? It would be nice to see what kind of baby I get with kitties I would not normally have paired.

Thank you for your replies.
Smile

RE: DOES KITTY HAVE TO BE PAIRED TO BREED? - Tad Carlucci - 01-11-2023 09:04 AM

If it wants to breed and is not paired, it will "randomly" choose from the potential un-paired mates, or wait for one to become ready.

Charm and I used to use this behavior every few years to "stir the pot" putting N males and N+1 females in an area. Once the first random selection pairs up what it can, it becomes chose the next-male since there will always be a female ready and the system guarentees that eventually (in N+1 cycles) every male will have bred with every female once.

RE: DOES KITTY HAVE TO BE PAIRED TO BREED? - KateRenaissance Resident - 01-11-2023 10:27 AM

Oh really? I know so very little about breeding. I am learning as I go along.
I have to tell you that I have been having female after female for the past 3 months. Not a male in sight. lol lol
What is N and N+1?

Thank you for your response Smile
Kate

(01-11-2023 09:04 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  If it wants to breed and is not paired, it will "randomly" choose from the potential un-paired mates, or wait for one to become ready.

Charm and I used to use this behavior every few years to "stir the pot" putting N males and N+1 females in an area. Once the first random selection pairs up what it can, it becomes chose the next-male since there will always be a female ready and the system guarentees that eventually (in N+1 cycles) every male will have bred with every female once.

RE: DOES KITTY HAVE TO BE PAIRED TO BREED? - Tad Carlucci - 01-12-2023 08:45 AM

Suprisingly long runs of one gender should be expeced. They are, however, usually phantoms since humans tend to overlook things which don't fit their ideas.

I'm a mathematician. N means "some number" and N+1 means a different number. So 5 boys and 6 girls will pair up best they can this week. Boy 1 with Girl 1, 2 with 2, leaving girl 6 with no partner. Next week Girl 6 will get with Boy 1, Girl 1 with Boy 2, etc. leaving Girl 5 with no partner. And so on until week 6 where the cycle starts over with 1-1.

RE: DOES KITTY HAVE TO BE PAIRED TO BREED? - Ivy Norsk - 01-12-2023 06:18 PM

Cats in the Cattery must be paired to breed or they will never "see" each other.
I find that cats in world breed much more quickly when paired. This has to do with sim lag rather than the KittyCats system.

RE: DOES KITTY HAVE TO BE PAIRED TO BREED? - KateRenaissance Resident - 01-13-2023 12:12 AM

Thank you Tad for your informative answer.

Kate Smile

(01-12-2023 08:45 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Suprisingly long runs of one gender should be expeced. They are, however, usually phantoms since humans tend to overlook things which don't fit their ideas.

I'm a mathematician. N means "some number" and N+1 means a different number. So 5 boys and 6 girls will pair up best they can this week. Boy 1 with Girl 1, 2 with 2, leaving girl 6 with no partner. Next week Girl 6 will get with Boy 1, Girl 1 with Boy 2, etc. leaving Girl 5 with no partner. And so on until week 6 where the cycle starts over with 1-1.