KittyCatS! Community Forum
Grey Tipped White Whiskers? - Printable Version

+- KittyCatS! Community Forum (https://kittycats.ws/forum)
+-- Forum: KittyCatS Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Breeding (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Grey Tipped White Whiskers? (/showthread.php?tid=34212)

Pages: 1 2

Grey Tipped White Whiskers? - RoseTralee Resident - 01-25-2020 11:05 PM

Does anyone have any info on these whiskers, and where they might be placed? They don't seem to be on the dominance charts yet, and I can't find any details on them in the forums anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Smile

[Image: ILOQy1V]

https://imgur.com/a/ILOQy1V

RE: Grey Tipped White Whiskers? - Ivy Norsk - 01-25-2020 11:39 PM

Grey Tipped White whiskers are placed. They are the next-to the-most-recessive whisker on the grid.
Their thread may be found here.

RE: Grey Tipped White Whiskers? - RoseTralee Resident - 01-26-2020 02:01 AM

Hi, Ivy

Thanks so much for your reply. That thread seems to be for White Tipped Grey, and I seem to have gotten the opposite mix - Grey Tipped White. Do you know if that one has been placed yet?

Thanks. Smile

RE: Grey Tipped White Whiskers? - Arwen Swordthain - 01-26-2020 08:56 AM

Reposting the image inline

[Image: dfa2ecce4187be60ffec159995ef4719.png]

Grey Tipped White is indeed a new colour the previous one was white tipped grey, this is going to be very confusing

RE: Grey Tipped White Whiskers? - Ivy Norsk - 01-26-2020 09:00 AM

Congratulations Rose!
This is going to keep auctioneers and pedigree watchers on their toes. But it will be a very useful neutral whisker.

RE: Grey Tipped White Whiskers? - DevonCrinklies Resident - 01-26-2020 09:21 AM

Congratulations Rose <3

RE: Grey Tipped White Whiskers? - AryaElentari Resident - 01-26-2020 10:49 AM

Congrats! Since you now have a "pure" baby that will pass the new whisker 100% of the time, I would throw it up against the most recessive whisker and go from there Smile You have a headstart on placement!

RE: Grey Tipped White Whiskers? - Songdog Woolley - 01-26-2020 10:51 AM

Congratulations!! And YAY! This is going to be a lovely whisker to weave into our beautiful kitties!

RE: Grey Tipped White Whiskers? - Eleanor8 Resident - 01-26-2020 11:04 AM

Congratulations on the new whisker find.

I'm wondering if this is going to turn out to be a new most recessive whisker colour?

It's a back breed on the starter and considering the number of starters I've had that have thrown back GTB and that last night I thought, well, no one has found a new most recessive, surely they would have by now, I think I'm going to give up on testing for it.... Sod's Law - it has to be. :-)

RE: Grey Tipped White Whiskers? - RoseTralee Resident - 02-09-2020 06:03 AM

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I tried putting this with Gray Tipped Black, and it seems that Grey Tipped White is recessive to Gray Tipped Black.

[attachment=5240]