KittyCatS! Community Forum
Looking for a Mentor - Printable Version

+- KittyCatS! Community Forum (https://kittycats.ws/forum)
+-- Forum: KittyCatS Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Breeding (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Looking for a Mentor (/showthread.php?tid=31852)

Looking for a Mentor - AngharadTruthsayer Resident - 08-09-2018 12:44 PM

While not new to breeding animals (I breed French Angora rabbits in RL), I am new to KittyCatS and while the forum is great, I would love to find someone who has been breeding a while to chat with as far as setting up my paperwork in order to be able to prove new traits etc. Is there anyone out there willing to be my mentor?

RE: Looking for a Mentor - Tad Carlucci - 08-09-2018 01:39 PM

In general, most probably just use the Pedigree pages. Certainly, if you want to prove a new trait to others you will need to post screen captures of them here in the appropriate thread.

The best way to learn how to think about proofs is to read and ask questions here. Most of your basic questions (such as how to use vitamins) will be answered in the Manual or the FAQs. Don't be afraid to ask questions of the CSR team.

If you really feel you need an in-world mentor, I'd suggest you'd have better luck finding one by hanging out at the Main Shop, visiting auctions, or hanging around Love Tables and Bid Boards. Many shop owners are happy to answer a few questions, too.

RE: Looking for a Mentor - Arwen Swordthain - 08-10-2018 01:42 PM

Hi
I am away til the 17th but feel free to contact me when I'm back for help with proofs or anything else. You can send a private message here as I can access from my tablet before then.
Arwen

RE: Looking for a Mentor - AngharadTruthsayer Resident - 08-10-2018 01:49 PM

(08-10-2018 01:42 PM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  Hi
I am away til the 17th but feel free to contact me when I'm back for help with proofs or anything else. You can send a private message here as I can access from my tablet before then.
Arwen

Thank you very much Arwen. I am probably fine until after the 17th since I am still waiting for my first breeding to occur but after that I am sure I will have some questions.