KittyCatS! Community Forum
Hide Feeder Mat - Printable Version

+- KittyCatS! Community Forum (https://kittycats.ws/forum)
+-- Forum: KittyCatS Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Feedback Corner (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Hide Feeder Mat (/showthread.php?tid=2180)

Hide Feeder Mat - Vilandra Miles - 11-23-2011 01:49 PM

Since I'm rearranging a bit in my cattery I wanted to purchase some nice food dishes and I especially like the Fancy Urn Bowl set.

But now comes my problem:
I feed my cats due to the KittyCats Autofeeder and if I set the Feeder Mat the way the food and milk would rez inside the bowls, the feeder mat will hang in the middle of the fancy urns, which kinda ruins the visual effect. So, I was wondering if there could be a "hide" option for the feeder mat? This way the mat would still hang there, but could be turned invisible and thereby the whole visual thing would work and me could finally use the Fancy Urn Bowl set.

What'cha think?

And um... before I forget: PRETTY PLEASE!!! Angel

RE: Hide Feeder Mat - anna Acanthus - 11-24-2011 02:02 AM

Hi Vila,
You can take the script out of a mat and put it in a prim that you apply the default transparent texture to. Idea Take back into inventory then re-rez and it will take the correct size, though not sure if this is necessary. Happy tinkering Big Grin

NB : Btw everybody do NOT attempt this with no copy objects. If the object as well as the script is no mod then u can lose it all - i.e. : not able to put script into your own object or put it back in original.

RE: Hide Feeder Mat - Vilandra Miles - 11-24-2011 11:39 AM

tricky Wink

RE: Hide Feeder Mat - anna Acanthus - 11-25-2011 04:45 AM

(11-24-2011 11:39 AM)Vilandra Miles Wrote:  tricky Wink
Hehe yes .... even more trickier than i thought.
Yesterday when i read your thread i logged in to test before posting my solution.
Worked fine and i deleted the test mat before end of rezzing countdown.
A few hours later i saw that kitties' happiness was down and hunger up. Oooooh panic ... whats happening.... ?
I was about to haul through re-rezing all my kitties and luckily glanced at the mat and no food, no milk Confused
So i guess what happens is the when you rez another mat it's script will take over and disactivate script in the older mat. Pretty obvious really as when on simwide you can only need one mat out. The same problem probably doesn't occur if for some reason you have 2 or more mats set out in the same sim with a set range and out of range of each other. Will test sometime maybe ...
Simple once you've been through it and at least it's taught me to check more carefully now ... Blush ... maybe ... Tongue