KittyCatS! Community Forum
Return of the Drop Bug **IMPORTANT** - Printable Version

+- KittyCatS! Community Forum (https://kittycats.ws/forum)
+-- Forum: KittyCatS News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Mews Paper - read all about it! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Return of the Drop Bug **IMPORTANT** (/showthread.php?tid=14995)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Return of the Drop Bug **IMPORTANT** - Kitten Longmeadow - 04-12-2014 10:49 PM

**Updated 5/23/14**

Hi all. It seems that the Drop bug that was plaguing us several months ago has once again re-surfaced. In regards to KittyCatS, this bug appears to be affecting the ability to Drop your cats after interacting with them via the menu, as well as possibly affecting cats that vanish randomly without reason while rezzed on land in SL. This bug is affecting other breedables as well. KittyCatS is doing what we can to let Linden Labs know that this bug is back and that it needs to be addressed.

Unfortunately this bug has caused many problems for our customers that like to Interact with their cats for fun and breeding purposes. To help minimize the loss of cats caused by this bug, we recommend that customers disable the cat's ability to walk and run, and not use the Cuddle/Hold/Lay/Walk interactions with their cats until further notice.

We realize that the walking animation and interactions are a large part of the appeal of KittyCatS for many, and we truly apologize for the inconvenience that this latest bug has caused in regards to your ability to enjoy your cats. Please be assured that we are working hard to try and find a solution to this problem, and that we will be in contact with Linden Labs to determine what has caused this issue and how it can be fixed.

We know that many of you use the Interactions to help with your breeding programs and that this bug has also interfered with your ability to breed normally. If you MUST Cuddle/Hold your cats to give them the Happiness/Love buff and you are having trouble Dropping your cats because the Drop option is greyed out, please try the following workaround:

1. Pick up the cat you want to cuddle and take it into your inventory.

2. Right click on the cat in your inventory and select "Attach To" and select one of the following:

- For Teacups and Toys, attach to the Left or Right Shoulders

- For Petite, Normal, and Bigger de Big cats age 7+, attach to the Chest or Right Forearm

(If your viewer supports multiple attachments to the same spot then your cats should all attach together)

3. When you are done cuddling, right click the cat in your arms and select "Drop".

This should be a viable workaround for the Dropping issue. Your cats may look a little funny attached to your avatar this way and you may get animation script errors, however the cats will still get the Happiness/Love buff, and you should not lose them when dropping. If you still cannot Drop the cat using this workaround, then use Detach and be advised that the cat could develop error text and may need to be retrieved by staff.

If you do end up losing your cats due to Dropping/Detaching, please go to our support website at http://kittycats.biz/support and file a ticket. If you are not registered on our website, you can do so by clicking the "Online Help" button on your cats' menu, or by using the web terminal in our main store lobby, located to the immediate right as you enter. Please be sure to include your cat's ID# (you can find this on your pedigree page at http://kittycats.biz/pedigree/.)

We apologize again for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and support.

Your KittyCatS Team

RE: Return of the Drop Bug **IMPORTANT** - anna Acanthus - 04-13-2014 01:45 AM

Well i see that BUG-5530 (MAINT-3897) which affects vehicles disappearing on sim crossings is being worked on so i hope it's the same bug that's affecting breedables and will be fixed this week.

Thanks for the heads up Kitten and sorry about that mountain of extra work this must be causing. Sad

*Btw, is this just on the main server or are all servers affected ?

RE: Return of the Drop Bug **IMPORTANT** - Kitten Longmeadow - 05-23-2014 11:16 AM

After talking with our scripter, I've updated this post to reflect the following change:

3. When you are done cuddling, right click the cat in your arms and select "Drop".

This should be a viable workaround for the Dropping issue. Your cats may look a little funny attached to your avatar this way and you may get animation script errors, however the cats will still get the Happiness/Love buff, and you should not lose them when dropping. If you still cannot Drop the cat using this workaround, then use Detach and be advised that the cat could develop error text and may need to be retrieved by staff.

RE: Return of the Drop Bug **IMPORTANT** - Vrem Vaniva - 05-23-2014 12:13 PM

it's good to have these clear instructions for the workaround!
I was wondering ... would we still get the love buff if we attached the cat to the wrong spot? Last time we had drop bug flareups, months ago -- I forgot to reread the directions, and had some cats attached to the wrong forearm, the left forearm instead of the right. I wasn't sure if they got happiness/love that way.

RE: Return of the Drop Bug **IMPORTANT** - Kitten Longmeadow - 05-24-2014 12:00 PM

(05-23-2014 12:13 PM)Vrem Vaniva Wrote:  it's good to have these clear instructions for the workaround!
I was wondering ... would we still get the love buff if we attached the cat to the wrong spot? Last time we had drop bug flareups, months ago -- I forgot to reread the directions, and had some cats attached to the wrong forearm, the left forearm instead of the right. I wasn't sure if they got happiness/love that way.

Hey Vrem. No you need to make sure you have the cat attached to the correct spot in order to receive the buff.

RE: Return of the Drop Bug **IMPORTANT** - GhostCollective Resident - 05-25-2014 07:40 AM

Just curious, are they ever going to fix this bug? Seems to me that it keeps coming back and LL appears to be doing very little to actually correct it in a way that is more permanent. Doesn't really matter to me at the moment as I have been unable to go inworld but I'm sure many KC users rely on this for their breeding. Not blaming KC at all, just wondering if this has been communicated to LL about how important it is to get this fixed? As always thank you to the KC staff for their help and commitment to keeping us informed.

RE: Return of the Drop Bug **IMPORTANT** - Raven Luna - 06-02-2014 01:02 PM

Hello! Is there a bug number that we can follow on LL's JIRA site (jira.secondlife.com)? I would be very curious if BUG-5530 (MAINT-3897) is actually it, since this seems to be only related to region crossings. If anyone can post another BUG-related number, maybe we can vocalize the importance of this a little bit more. Big Grin

I miss snuggling my kitties.

Thanks!

RE: Return of the Drop Bug **IMPORTANT** - anna Acanthus - 06-02-2014 02:20 PM

Ok, if at first you don't succeed try and try again :

Repeats - is this only a main server issue or are all servers affected ?

RE: Return of the Drop Bug **IMPORTANT** - zayanel Resident - 06-08-2014 10:15 PM

En "Kittycats ID", por favor, pasta nf12cfb8a-52ea-1d43-1936-72318ed880f0

RE: Return of the Drop Bug **IMPORTANT** - gostosinhaa1 Resident - 06-11-2014 08:51 AM

click to donate my cat unintentionally meagerie as I have rescues him novamante?