KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: slow online cattery ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just asking around ,
i have noticed that my cattery seems slow at the moment , when i judged a pair of cats to be ready they were in fact 6 percent to go , which isn't much but seems a few hours out , and im sure now its not the first pair in the last 2 weeks to be alittle shall we say laggy !! was wondering if anyone else is experiencing any thing or it is in fact that my age is causing me to think time is faster lolol Smile
I thought this too, asked in group chat and someone else said the same. try submitting a ticket? I did.. maybe people just aren't reporting it?
thanks for reply , yes i hate to bother with tickets when im not sure so just closely watching for a few days to see, then il make one if its noticeable , maybe just a glitch Smile
Yes, i noticed this too but i am wondering with a ticket if that would be of any help? Before i got kittens online sundays and thuesdays, and now monday evening and wednesdays....
Yes, i noticed this too but i am wondering with a ticket if that would be of any help? Before i got kittens online sundays and thuesdays, and now monday evening and wednesdays....
Tell you what, I get an email from the Cattery every twelve hours, like clockwork. Usually I just delete them. It's seemed that they shifted (weeks ago) when they appear, but I don't really care. But, I can keep them for a while. It's not the best indicator, but if there's something going on they'll give some hint of it. After a while, I'll check the time stamps on them and see if the Cattery's heart-beat (which I presume is what we geeks call a cron job) shifts over time.
hi Ruby Smile

So far i have no indication that this would happen, but you could fill la ticket for it, and we could follow a few pairs with you while they gain love in the cattery.

There are ofcourse also other things which can affect love gaining, like running out of food or milk/cuddle.

The messages you get in your email because you ran out of food in your cattery are actually no indication of the server, as its fully controlled and timed by an SL prim, which is subject to SL lag, restarts, and adjustments to that prim...

Regards
KittyCatS
ty for replies all , yes Kittycats i understand that but my cattery ones don't come in and out and i keep them well supplied with milk and food , i was just curious if anyone else noticed , if it continues il make a ticket Smile
OK. I figured that since it was coming from Second Life, not your server. It's still interesting, though, that every so often the 'heartbeat' of the messages shifts. Sometimes, I can attribute that to one of the few times I actually DO something to change things in my Cattery. But I only have a few cats, all non-transfer, starving, awaiting the day Charm decides they're worth enough as collectibles to warrant purchasing a pet kit so they can be sold.

As to the issue of specific cats seeming to be 'slow' in the Cattery, I can't imagine that being possible. I can see the server sending pages slow, I can see the cron job being delayed to do high load factors (cron does that), but I can't see it only effecting some cats, and not others.

I have noted, and commented upon, times when the web server seems to take excessively long to transmit a file. Sometimes I can localize the issue to my network (easy fix: I cold start everything). Sometimes, it's somewhere in between (a call to my ISP usually fixes that). But, often, it's somewhere on the network hosting KittyCatS.biz. All I can say is it often *acts* as if it's the web server, not the virtual host or network issues, because I can ping the virtual host and times don't change when the pages are feeding out slowly.

I have a monitor here which I could set up to download files on a regular basis and monitor download times. I've never set it up to monitor KittyCatS.biz because, quite frankly, unless Charm complains, it doesn't matter to me.

I know you have Google Analytics on the pages. But I've never liked them because they don't actually tell you how your server is doing. Analytics are not good as a research tool since there are too many variables. Besides, installing Analytics only works if you actually look at the results; which most web masters rarely actually do!
I've notice a few times that my kitties are off their cycle, but wasn't sure. I will watch two pair, one in cattery, one in world and see if there is a difference.
But I had finally got my kitties to breeding on fri and sat, and the same thing happened it's like sun and mon now.
Also I take some out and bring in world so I can watch them run around and such. Oh and I opened boxes on the same days they were born so they should run about the same times.
But now between taking them in and out and buying kitties my times are all over the place.
Anyway I'll try watching two pair and see what happens.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's