KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Ned Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am pretty new to the breeding and selling of the Kitty Cats, and I have some kittens I am wanting to sell, but not sure on how to price them and exactly what traits are desired. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!
Join the price check group in world. Also wandering around various cat markets and shops and looking at those prices helps much, as well as attending some live auctions.

There is also a sales section on this very forum.
my experience with the price check group has not been that great, really hard to find anyone on most of the time. Usual rule of thumb for pricing that I have seen around the markets is anywhere from 50L -100L a trait, not counting the extra high crazy prices of a few here and there. Good luck and welcome to kittycats
(07-05-2013 05:08 PM)Harlow Osterham Wrote: [ -> ]I am pretty new to the breeding and selling of the Kitty Cats, and I have some kittens I am wanting to sell, but not sure on how to price them and exactly what traits are desired. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!

There's no way to define "exactly" what traits are desired, Harlow. Here's some suggestions, though.

1. Attend auctions. People tend to put their best cats up for auction, but there are many that are more run of the mill as well. You learn what traits people want and how much they're willing to pay. You also meet some great people who often will answer your questions.

2. Walk the markets and look at what kitties are for sale, what traits they have, and how much they cost. You'll notice pricing is all over the place, but you'll also learn more about traits, pricing, and combinations that can make kitties both valuable and unique.

3. Attend classes about breeding. If you want to make pretty cats that people will buy, you'll need to learn more about how to increase your chances of producing them.

4. Be patient.

All of this is time consuming but a great deal of fun. The Kittycats community consists of generally great people. However, as a working philosophy, do this for fun, not profit. It took me about a year before I made enough to support my addiction with some left over for SL expenses, but I doubt I've broken even. I've learned that this hobby has more to do with managing my cattery so it doesn't explode in number, keeping costs down, being patient, enjoying the process, and meeting good people, than it is about making money.

Good luck to you!
Don't forget what I call the "first rule" .. if you like it, go for it. Chances are very good that if you like it, there are others who will, as well, and be willing to pay for it.
Reference URL's