KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: RL Cats: Pet Food Recall Alert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry, not KC related but I know a lot of you have lovely RL pets you love and care for, so here's the info:

http://www.thestar.com/life/2013/06/19/m..._test.html

Summary:
- Food tested positive for Salmonella, so not just bad for your pets, but for any human handling the food
- "Natura said all of the dry pet food and treats sold under the Innova, California Natural, EVO, Healthwise, Mother Nature, and Karma brands with expiry dates before June 10, 2014, should be thrown away immediately.
None of the Nebraska company’s wet pet food is involved, it said."
- Note that this is currently only affecting pet owners in the Greater Toronto Area although the company is recommending all pet owners in Canada and the USA throw away any of the affected pet food mentioned.

I recommend keeping an eye on the news for more info in case the recall expands, you never know. I just keep thinking of that huge recall in 2007 where so many pets died Sad
Wow thanks for letting us know Wendi, I'll pass this along to all of my cat and dog friends!

? Amore
Thank you for passing on the information!!
Reference URL's