KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: The new LL TOS and the kitty market...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi everyone,

What is your opinion about the new LL TOS? Do you fear it will affect the kittycats market?
I did not read the new TOS, what in it could change the market?
I'm known as a non manual and or TOS reader I just "agree" and "OK" blindly.
I know that is a bad habit but I'm also very interested how the new TOS is linked to the kittycats market.
Well as of May 7th you can't buy linden dollars from third party exchanges anymore. Its only possible to get lindens from Lindex, LL's own exchange. In my case, Im forced to get a creditcard (expensive) or paypal (even more expensive) to buy lindens in the future. Due to these new TOS, numerous exchanges I know, like Virwox, DX, Virtuateq have shut down this week. Just as I started breeding again recently... Smile

Im curious if the statement of LL, that the majority of users use Lindex, is true. And if a user didnt use Lindex before, if they agree with buying a creditcard to keep financially active in Second Life.

Besides that, the way you can exchange Lindens back to your own RL currency will change. I'm not lucky enough to be able to do that often (net spender) but it seems that if you want to withdraw lindens you are forced to use paypal to do so, with paypal's big fees. How do you withdraw lindens and is it affected by these new TOS?

Info about this: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featu...-p/1996185
Thank you for the information Smile
As for your initial question how this would effect the kittycats market I am unsure.
Thanks for the information also but it shouldn't change anything for me, as I use Linden Labs exchange already to buy my Lindens.
In that case, I am forced to stop doing KittyCatS and stop playing SL. Thats sad for me, as I can't buy Linden I have no paypal and no credit card and will not get paypal or credit card. I know no work around. That would mean end of SL for me... sad but well, a few players less I guess that doesn't bother LL. However, I will try to get a paypal account. Even without credit card. If it works, then yaay... if no, then I need to stop doing SL T_T
(05-09-2013 03:58 AM)Kendrah Vantelli Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the information also but it shouldn't change anything for me, as I use Linden Labs exchange already to buy my Lindens.

Ok, curious how many people use Lindex too!!!

(05-09-2013 06:43 AM)Dario Maesar Wrote: [ -> ]In that case, I am forced to stop doing KittyCatS and stop playing SL. Thats sad for me, as I can't buy Linden I have no paypal and no credit card and will not get paypal or credit card. I know no work around. That would mean end of SL for me... sad but well, a few players less I guess that doesn't bother LL. However, I will try to get a paypal account. Even without credit card. If it works, then yaay... if no, then I need to stop doing SL T_T

That's what I fear too, a lot of people not willing to get paypal or a creditcard.

Edit: Virwox is ordered to remove all their terminals from the grid! Quote from their website:

2013-05-09: UPDATE on changes in Linden Lab's TOS
Linden Lab has recently changed their Terms of Service. Under the new rules, we will no longer be able to offer our service to Second Life residents. Linden Lab insists that our in-world terminals (ATMs) have to be removed.
This means that we can currently not accept Linden Dollars from Second Life or pay Linden Dollars to Second Life. Other virtual currencies are not affected.
We will post updates here as the situation develops. Please refrain from sending us support messages about this issue, at the moment we will not be able to give you more information.
(05-09-2013 06:43 AM)Dario Maesar Wrote: [ -> ]In that case, I am forced to stop doing KittyCatS and stop playing SL. Thats sad for me, as I can't buy Linden I have no paypal and no credit card and will not get paypal or credit card. I know no work around. That would mean end of SL for me... sad but well, a few players less I guess that doesn't bother LL. However, I will try to get a paypal account. Even without credit card. If it works, then yaay... if no, then I need to stop doing SL T_T

I use Paypal to cash out but it works without credit card as well I just connect my bank in the Netherlands and via this way it is possible to pay bills without Credit Card as well.

Paypal works for me without a CC, but I have to have money in my account before I can buy L$, so I have to transfer money from my bank account in advance(6-8 days, because I'm in Canada, it's faster in the US). L$ are cheaper when you buy directly from LindeX, and I don't think the fees to get money from paypal to your bank account is that high, but I'm not quite sure.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's