KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Downside of Collars & Clothes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings All,
I was astonished to discover that collars and clothes are not removable! Your options are to replace them with new ones or in the Prims section of the menu chose low prim options which makes them invisible.
The most obvious reason for wanting to remove collars and clothes is the prim cost. At 16 prims per item they can add up when you have more than one item per cat or more than one cat.
The unfortunate oversight with the KittyCatS items is that while the instructions tell you that they are 16 prims each they fail to mention that they cannot be removed. I would have appreciated a more specific warning/notification in the instructions, perhaps something like this:
"This item is NOT removable. Adding it to your cat will increase the prim count of your cat by 16 prims permanently".
Your Friend,
Doc (Dr Emma Lyndon)
The collars and hats are so cute they might be worth it if you don't have a prim budget problem. It's good to know this though. Thanks Doc, you just saved me a lot of prims. Good thing I only put top hats, vets and collars on one of mine!
Yours Purringly,
Briony Wondersong
There's a collar and (I believe) hat remover at the main store as an alternative to just hiding both of those accessories in the menu. Smile
I believe they still need to design a jacket remover but indeed as Deery said they have a collar and hat remover.
To hide the different accessories click the cat's menu: Prims > Clothes > Select which clothes are visable (Each accessory saves 1 prim when hidden).

I can imagine you show the prims if you attach the cat to your avatar to cuddle or hold it and/ or visit friends while you hide it when your cat is roaming if the prims you have access to on your land are under pressure.

Should you have accessories hidden on a cat after which you send it to the online cattery and bring it back in world it shows all accessories it wears also the hidden ones.
In that case you need to hide it again if you want that Smile

The free collar remover can be found here »
It is the black collar box.
And the also free hat remover you can find here »
On the ground right from the T-Shirts display this should remove glasses as well as they use the same spot as hats do in other words cats can't wear both.

I hope this helps!

P.s. Each accessory is 1 prim I wasn't sure from what you was writing if you thought it was more.
(04-09-2013 04:49 AM)deerylou Resident Wrote: [ -> ]
There's a collar and (I believe) hat remover at the main store as an alternative to just hiding both of those accessories in the menu. Smile
But doesnt the remover also toss that nice tophat you bought IN THE GARBAGE???
That aspect totally blows.
Need a way to save these purchases somewhere.
But odds are that would require another server farm to store all these cat accessories.
I recall the first kitteh I tossed into the menagerie grinder wearing its lime green collar and saying:
" Damn, shoulda skipped the collar." Wink
Thanks for all the helpful replies. Going for the removers now. Will update as to status. I got the impression that they were 16 prims from the instruction notecard which tells us to make sure we have 16 prims available prior to rezzing or it won't work. The items themselves may in fact be only 1 prim so thanks for that information. Kitten hugs to you all.
Your Friend,
Doc (Dr Emma Lyndon)
That's because the kitty will have 16 prims, not the collar itself. And the kitty gets re-rezzed when you put a collar on, so you need enough available prims.
Reference URL's