KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought after my cats were over a certain age they didn't need food any more. Now they're all up there in age and every time I log in they are ALL lying under those blankets with thermometers in their faces. I can't keep buying the medicine, last week I spent $3,000 on medicine and now they are all sick again. What am I doing wrong??

Lizzie
They still eat unless you permapet them. But they eat half the amount as a younger breeder.
One bowl of food lasts a breeder 1 month, so I assume that for a non breeder 1 bowl would last for 2 months.
None of them breed, I spay and neuter. I thought after 120 days they don't need to eat any more.

Lizzie

(04-04-2013 03:15 PM)devilness chant Wrote: [ -> ]They still eat unless you permapet them. But they eat half the amount as a younger breeder.
One bowl of food lasts a breeder 1 month, so I assume that for a non breeder 1 bowl would last for 2 months.
Hi Lizzie,

KittyCats can be used in 2 modes: Breedable and Pet.

Breedable mode is the default setting and all kitties born are born in this mode. It means the kitty has the capability to breed when paired with another kitty. A kitty on breedable mode eats 1 bowl of food in 4 weeks.

Pet mode is the "non-breedable" setting. You can manually turn the breeding off through the menu (touch your cat > Breed > Breed Off) once you've done this your kitty will require half of the food a cat on breeding mode requires, so 1 bowl of food will last for 8 weeks for 1 cat.

The only way to have a cat that will never require food is to PermaPet. This is done by a permapet kit that you can buy at the Main Store. There are 2 types, one for kitties younger than 120 days and one for cats over 120 days old. Only cats of 7 days old or more can be permapetted. This process will also remove the breeding option off your cat forever, so that kitty will be forever on Pet mode. It won't ever require food again either. This is so far the one and only way to have non eating KittyCats.

There's no neutering or spaying per se with kittycats, but the perma pet potion has the same effect.

In a few words, your 120+ old cats still need food (only half of what they required when they were breeding) and without it their hunger level will creep up until it reaches 100% when they turn sick, under a blanket and with a pillow and thermometer. This happens after 3 days without food.

I hope this helps clarifying your doubts a bit more.

Giulia.
Hellos Lizzie!
If you gots sick kitties you don't have to buy medicine. If you gets them food they slowly get better - but it takes a week (I think).
(04-04-2013 07:29 PM)Misa Delight Wrote: [ -> ]Hellos Lizzie!
If you gots sick kitties you don't have to buy medicine. If you gets them food they slowly get better - but it takes a week (I think).
Yes, it takes them 7 days to get healed with food. On the other hand, sick kitties can be permapetted and they will heal immediately and stop eating for good. I forgot to mention that! (sorry, Misa for snatching your post!)
Some of us intentionally starve cats. For example, I have some old starters, special collection cats, which hang in my Cattery .. but I don't purchase any food for my Cattery. In a year or two, when I hope those old collections will have gained value through rarity, I'll pull them out, perma-pet them (so they can be transferred) and so they're healthy and ready-for-sale.

You only need to feed cats, and keep them healthy (not sick, under blankets) if you want to breed them at some point in the future.

Careful management of starvation and/or pet food, and allowing for recovery times, can lower your out-of-pocket expenses a bit for cats you intend to breed, or eliminate expenses for cat's you're simply holding on to.
Reference URL's