KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Low prim impact on sim resources
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if there is any difference with regard to affect on sim resources and lag if you keep your kitties low prim versus just turning movement, animations, and sounds off.

What would you recommend for shared land? I don't want to cause too much lag for my neighbors, and am not sure what the best option would be. I have plenty of prims, so that is not an issue for me. I currently have about 20 kitties, with hopes of getting more soon.

Thanks a bunch!
Other than prim count, there is little difference in simulator resources.

The script count is basically the same for all forms of live cat, and all forms of box. Even if the scripts are not running, they simulator will devote resources to them.

Things like movement might cause a tiny bit of additional time during the physics simulation, but I'd bet you'd be hard pressed to show it.

Movement and sounds can cause a bit of lag for the connection between the simulator and your client, and on your client, but that's not simulator resources and, again, I'd bet you'd be hard pressed to ever actually measure any significant effect.

On some large marketplace regions, I've noticed some effect. This is probably due more to script count than prim count.

But on a private region, with only a couple hundred lives, I've never really noticed any effect.
Oh wow, that is FABULOUS news!! Thank you so much Tad! I would much rather have my kitties animated and moving about than 2D or boxed up! I have been yearning to know the answer to this question for so long, thank you for taking the time to respond!
Reference URL's