KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Spacing Limited Editions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I LOVE LOVE LOVE KittyCats, but one thing I noticed and maybe it will happen again this year, is that Halloween through Easter is almost non-stop starter season. Lots of limited edition releases, and almost before breeders can catch a breath, the next holiday has new kitty out.
Last two years, if I remember correctly, after Spring there weren't any new releases until Halloween leaving the summer kind of a long time between the limited editions.
The limited edition events are amazing and wonderful, but I wonder if maybe the spring/Easter kitties could be summer kitties - giving us something to look forward to in the summer, and also more spacing between limited edition kittens?
I'm not asking for less or more starters/limited editions, but maybe just them spaced out a little more throughout the year?
Maybe I am way off, but it just seem the last couple of years winter was "starter season" then summer was kind of dead in the secondary market since there weren't any new traits coming out.
Or am I forgetting something in summer?
In any case it just seems that by the time the spring kitties come out I'm feeling like "oh my gosh.... I still haven't figured out what my last 3 sets of starter kitties are hiding yet and now there more!"
I hope this doesn't come across as negative - because I LOVE KittyCats and the limited editions... just wondering if there was a way to space them out over the year more evenly?
(03-30-2013 05:27 PM)Misa Delight Wrote: [ -> ]I LOVE LOVE LOVE KittyCats, but one thing I noticed and maybe it will happen again this year, is that Halloween through Easter is almost non-stop starter season. Lots of limited edition releases, and almost before breeders can catch a breath, the next holiday has new kitty out.
Last two years, if I remember correctly, after Spring there weren't any new releases until Halloween leaving the summer kind of a long time between the limited editions.
The limited edition events are amazing and wonderful, but I wonder if maybe the spring/Easter kitties could be summer kitties - giving us something to look forward to in the summer, and also more spacing between limited edition kittens?
I'm not asking for less or more starters/limited editions, but maybe just them spaced out a little more throughout the year?
Maybe I am way off, but it just seem the last couple of years winter was "starter season" then summer was kind of dead in the secondary market since there weren't any new traits coming out.
In any case it just seems that by the time the spring kitties come out I'm feeling like "oh my gosh.... I still haven't figured out what my last 3 sets of starter kitties are hiding yet and now there more!"
I hope this doesn't come across as negative - because I LOVE KittyCats and the limited editions... just wondering if there was a way to space them out over the year more evenly?

i totally agree with this! i'm still finding stuff my last halloween cats! i love ALL the LE cats, but spacing them more evenly would not only benefit our wallets, it would give us a chance to figure out which cats have what traits.

this is a GREAT idea!
I totally agree! I actually went out of my way not to buy many Valentine cats (for more reasons than them not coming in toy & teacup sizes) so I'd not feel too committed and unable to enjoy these easter kitties as I'd feel overwhelmed by juggling two releases in my cattery at once, and I know Easter releases are always my favorite so I had to prioritize. My sim mate is the other way around and purchased tons of Valentine kitties and now feels so engaged in uncovering the mysteries of his Vday kitties that hearing about the Easter kitties made him really distraught.

I love this idea; I enjoy having so many releases (And each is so beautiful and unique!) but I agree that the spacing could be a bit better, I notice last year I did this too with taking a break between collections and not committing to a particular one because I didn't want to dread the next upcoming release as my cattery just can't handle hosting two releases at once. Smile I feel like this was the case with Halloween and Winter 2012 too as I had to plan out how many boxes I'd open and keep track of all starters and breeder kitties in my cattery to make it work and I witness plenty of others having to plan out in this way too.
I can see how it benefits the influx of new potential breeders/ customers of KC and with that customers of the current breeders to release specials in short intervals.
But I agree also it is hard to keep up when we actually try to breed our specials carefully.
Spacing the LE's more and also during the summer might be just what is needed to satisfy both breeders and the influx of newcomers.
Besides RFL in the summer there is indeed not much going on during this time it would be cool if there was actually.
I agree with this! I thought I might be the only one thinking they were coming too fast because I'm still a pretty new breeder and have a very small budget, but it looks like I'm not!

One special collection per season could be an alternative, with more special kitties throughout the year that we can get by breeding, like the Mardi Gras or St-Patrick's day cats.

I got 2 easter kitties, but I'm still figuring out my Valentines, so I'm not going to unpack them yet... It's a shame I won't get a chance to discover new traits, but I can't handle much more kitty planning or spending Tongue
I completely utterly agree.

I was actually upset about this release (keeping my emotions to myself, though) because I didn't buy my Valentines Day cats right away, so most of my starters from Valentine's day were still 30~ days old when the Easter Kitties were released.

That means I've barely bred them out maybe twice now, as an avid breeder I want to breed the Easter Cats out now, but I have to get kittens I don't really need to breed these Easter Kitties..

Either way, I really wasn't happy with how soon the Easter Kitties were released, but I guess I can understand since Easter is March 31st this year.
I have like 22 to 24 kitties at a time now and I'm breeding a sib pair from an xmas kitty, and still don't know all the hiddens. I opened an xmas kitty to breed. One vday kitty. (the other was a dud lol) And now three Easter kitties.
Somewhere in all this LE breeding I am trying to breed a few non gen kitties. lol
I would have loved to been able to breed some more of my halloween kitties too.

On the one hand cutting down has been good so I don't end up with a dozen or more LE boxes collecting dust in my inventory. But on the other hand I would love to breed out the ones I have before they're obsolete.
(03-30-2013 05:27 PM)Misa Delight Wrote: [ -> ]I LOVE LOVE LOVE KittyCats, but one thing I noticed and maybe it will happen again this year, is that Halloween through Easter is almost non-stop starter season. Lots of limited edition releases, and almost before breeders can catch a breath, the next holiday has new kitty out.

Great great great idea Smile
It's too long between Easter and Halloween
GK
According to the extra LE boxes I have in cattery. RFLs come out in May or June. So it's not a whole summer before we get another starter. And I can't remember what other one comes out, but I could swear there is like one every other month? Maybe Callab kitties? I have a Callabor from aug last year.
(03-30-2013 08:41 PM)devilness chant Wrote: [ -> ]According to the extra LE boxes I have in cattery. RFLs come out in May or June. So it's not a whole summer before we get another starter. And I can't remember what other one comes out, but I could swear there is like one every other month? Maybe Callab kitties? I have a Callabor from aug last year.

Oh thanks Dev! I guess it's just my perception of it then!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's