KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: New Group Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a preliminary study to see what the general consensus would be for a new group. It will be called KittyCats Love Connections.
The general purpose of this group is to:
1: Bring owners together that have breed ready cats but no mates.
2: For owners, with Breed ready cats, that want to introduce new traits to their lines.
3: For owners of breed ready cats that want to share in the fun of KittyCats breeding.
Rules:
1: Have fun, be courteous, be fair, be respectful, be kind. REMEMBER KARMA IS A BITCH!
2: NO FEES SHALL BE CHARGED violation will result in pemanent ejection and banning
3: Gifts are allowed. Any solicited gift will be deemed a fee and will result in permanent ejection and banning..
4: The disposition of any kitten is solely the responsibility of the parties involved. This group, KittyCats Love Connections, only provides a platform for the said purposes of mating
5: All disputes will be moderated fairly. Any information in regard to the exchange will be used to moderate the dispute: ie chat logs and note cards.
6: Limit your notices and ads to 1 each per hour. To clarify, you can send one notice, that will go to group chat, and one chat message ad per hour. This will give you two times during the hour that you can get the message out.

Thank you for any feed back
Sounds like it would at least be worth a try!
I think it's a great idea!

Not wanting to sound like the rain on the parade guy, but what about...

If no stud fee's are to be collected, what advantage does the owner of the male cat have in this encounter?
You're saying that the owner of the male cat may work on tips only, but cannot suggest what the tip may be?
So maybe you will get a tip for injecting cool traits into somebody elses femme,
and maybe you wont, but you cant discuss it in advance?
Or is this straight up honor system where ' Next time you keep the spawn',
and hopefully when that 9 trait megapuss shows up next time, they honor the deal?
I wouldnt want to be looking at that grey foxie teacup that should rightfully be mine, and have the owner of its mother say,
" WELL AINT KARMA A BITCH, I THINK I WILL KEEP IT!"
I'm sure everyone involved in the kittycats breeding community is honest and forthright
and there are no immature crazy whackjobs out there that would try to take advantage of others but........

Just thinking.
how is this group any different the the forum thread listing single girl/guy kitties? I'm confused O.O
I seem to recall Charm once being in a similar group. While we both fully support the idea, she left that other group because she observed that some were not playing nice. They'd gladly accept all offers, then turn right around and spam the sales groups offering for sale the cats they'd just received for free. It just didn't sit well with her to see it happening.

Conceptually, it's no different than the forum thread. It has the advantage, though, of been immediate, and in-world.

I think it would work out, provided it's actively, and well, moderated, and the moderators don't come off as being too autocratic.
(03-27-2013 09:20 AM)Pheebea Resident Wrote: [ -> ]6: Limit your notices and ads to 1 each per hour. To clarify, you can send one notice, that will go to group chat, and one chat message ad per hour. This will give you two times during the hour that you can get the message out.

This, to me, makes it no different than any other spamming cat-group out there - most of which I left because I really do not need 200+ notices / day.

There are SO many cat-groups, and I have yet to find one where you can live in relative peace without turning off notices completely - except the official one.

That being said... I value initiatives in the Kitty-Community, but I must admit another spamming group is not something I will join in. Especially not when there is already a forum that does the exact same thing - except it is not much used... Which could very well mean that the need is not that great. -Or it could mean that people prefer to just use the Love Shacks that are on most every market. Even if that costs money, it also saves you from any possible dispute over a potential million-dollar-kitten.
Have been around SL for a long time, way back when there were only 25 group slots. I don't have the room for one more kitty group that I would have to turn messages off. What I really need is a page like MM Tracker. You view posts on the page, you don't have to sign in, sign up, join or join a group. If you wish to post, THEN you join for that right. All the lovely spamming is on one page, and you can search it using keywords...example:balinese. All the posts with that word would be brought to the top. You could search by date, price, color, etc.

This would save a lot of MP and inworld searching. Oh, and the page was free.
I'm pretty sure there already are groups and forums just like this one........
Reference URL's