KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Discombobulated Kitties?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Lately I've noticed something pretty weird...

Often when a cat moves or changes its posture, not all of his body components move in concert, with the result being something like a Picasso painting! For example, one will see a Kitty with everything in the right place except the head. And what's super weird is sometimes the eyes are in one place with the rest of the head elsewhere! Other times the legs are displaced.

Has anyone else seen this? What causes it?? Can it be prevented???

Rudy Schwartzman
Hi Smile

I have noticed the same problem.
Sadly I did not find a solution so far.
I use Firestorm by the way not sure if it is viewer related.
I hope it will be fixed soon!
Must be lag.
I've noticed it too and no fix so far that I can tell. I will say that to my knowledge it didn't use to happen but with all the "updates" that sl has done its hard telling what causes it. At least there does not seem to be any permanent damage to the kitties.

Reminds me out of something from John Carpenters THE THING.
Seems to be occuring with more frequency.
If you stare at the cat long enough it 'reconstitutes' into its proper configuration.
As though it doesnt want you to discover its true alien form!
I betcha if you went to an empty, virgin, pristene, sim it wouldnt happen.
(03-18-2013 06:16 AM)Tatiana Cheng Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed it too and no fix so far that I can tell. I will say that to my knowledge it didn't use to happen but with all the "updates" that sl has done its hard telling what causes it. At least there does not seem to be any permanent damage to the kitties.

Yes, I believe it is new, too. Probably subsequent to the 1.29 upgrade.

I'm inclined to think it is not mere lag.

Rudy
This phenomenon has nothing to do with the cats. This is because out of the viewer and i discovered this on my cats already in November. I then wrote to the Firestorms support and they argue that the fault lies in the SL viewer v3 as the new Firestorm is based on.
Here is the entire thread about my problem and I hope they fix it for the next update. http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-8348
Thanks for sharing Lea! I've also noticed this problem since I've had kitties so I don't think it is a result of the recent updates on KittyCatS end.
Long ago my best friend had one kitty in particular that would run around without his head. Every time he sat up or moved it would fall off. She named him Ned Stark. (the guy in Game of Thrones that got his head cut off, for those that don't know the story) This caused him to be her fave kitty. lol
I use Catznip and have had this too, my guess is sim lag.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's