KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Stubby Whiska's Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone been working with stubby whiskas? Undecided

I just got a black and white whiska Stubby....just sort of wondering where they are falling within the whiska traits and how to maintain them...I know they are new...so any advise would be great thank you !

? Stubby Girl
Fur: Genesis - Diamond II
Eyes: Changing Leaf (Shape: Curious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: 2 Tone Black & White (Shape: Stubby)
Size: 12 cm (4.7 inch)

MOM:
SnowBall - Winter 2012
Fur: Genesis - Diamond II
Eyes: Genesis Sunshine (Shape: Curious | Pupil: Big)
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Guitar)

DAD:
Fur: Chateau Cat - Silver & White No. 1
Eyes: Key Lime (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Small)
Ears: Mysterious
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Mysterious)
Hi Skippy:-)

You likely received the Stubby Whiskers from your Snowball mom because this trait is about introduced around Christmas it could be earlier but it is first found around this time if I'm not mistaken.
It is hard to tell from which of both parents the 2 tone Black & White came.
We know though the dad must hide a more recessive whiskers shape than he shows and likely than Stubby otherwise the Stubby Whiskers wouldn't have come through and this whisker shape is now hidden behind the Stubby Whiskers of your kitty.
Maybe the online pedigree of dad can tell you some more of what the whiskers are which the dad and the OS hide.
Also both parents show Silver Whiskers and that is a starter trait by lack of a better term to describe it.
Eventhough the Silver Whiskers are obviously a color it isn't considered as a desired trait for trait breeders because the starter KittyCatS are equiped with it and the same goes for the guitar whisker shape.
So either mom or dad hides the 2 tone black & white and the other the same or an other whiskers color more recessive than the 2 tone.
What I would do is, if you like to make the Stubby Whisker pure and if we assume it came from the Snowball mom which to me is very likely, is to set a mysterious white whisker (preferable pure if you can lay your hand on one perhaps via the secondary market or make a post in the wanted section of this forum) in a pairing with the snowball.
If their offpsring shows both Mysterious and White whiskers (more dominant than Stubby and 2 tone) you know it hides the Stubby Whiskers and a whisker color and the Snowball starter gave it's hidden whiskers.
This may take a couple of breeds before the starter likes to give it because they can be pretty stubborn Rolleyes
But if they give you white mysterious whiskers back you know the Stubby Whiskers are hidden and either that 2 tone or something more recessive.
From this point you can either breed back the OS (if it has the opposite gender) with the Snowball and breed them until they give you their hidden stubby whiskers.
Or you can breed a sibling pair and they will give you the hidden Stubby Whiskers shown at some point.

There are more recessive whiskers earlier introduced than the Stubby Whiskers so it needs some extra care to iron this trait out.

Via this link you can find more information about breeding and the dominance order of traits »

I hope this helped and didn't blur things even more Smile
and good luck with breeding!
Thank you so much for how this should work lol...I have never been good at whiska's but here goes nuttin Smile Thanks again !

(03-05-2013 03:45 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Skippy:-)

You likely received the Stubby Whiskers from your Snowball mom because this trait is about introduced around Christmas it could be earlier but it is first found around this time if I'm not mistaken.
It is hard to tell from which of both parents the 2 tone Black & White came.
We know though the dad must hide a more recessive whiskers shape than he shows and likely than Stubby otherwise the Stubby Whiskers wouldn't have come through and this whisker shape is now hidden behind the Stubby Whiskers of your kitty.
Maybe the online pedigree of dad can tell you some more of what the whiskers are which the dad and the OS hide.
Also both parents show Silver Whiskers and that is a starter trait by lack of a better term to describe it.
Eventhough the Silver Whiskers are obviously a color it isn't considered as a desired trait for trait breeders because the starter KittyCatS are equiped with it and the same goes for the guitar whisker shape.
So either mom or dad hides the 2 tone black & white and the other the same or an other whiskers color more recessive than the 2 tone.
What I would do is, if you like to make the Stubby Whisker pure and if we assume it came from the Snowball mom which to me is very likely, is to set a mysterious white whisker (preferable pure if you can lay your hand on one perhaps via the secondary market or make a post in the wanted section of this forum) in a pairing with the snowball.
If their offpsring shows both Mysterious and White whiskers (more dominant than Stubby and 2 tone) you know it hides the Stubby Whiskers and a whisker color and the Snowball starter gave it's hidden whiskers.
This may take a couple of breeds before the starter likes to give it because they can be pretty stubborn Rolleyes
But if they give you white mysterious whiskers back you know the Stubby Whiskers are hidden and either that 2 tone or something more recessive.
From this point you can either breed back the OS (if it has the opposite gender) with the Snowball and breed them until they give you their hidden stubby whiskers.
Or you can breed a sibling pair and they will give you the hidden Stubby Whiskers shown at some point.

There are more recessive whiskers earlier introduced than the Stubby Whiskers so it needs some extra care to iron this trait out.

Via this link you can find more information about breeding and the dominance order of traits »

I hope this helped and didn't blur things even more Smile
and good luck with breeding!
Hi Skippy Smile

Saga has stubby whiskers listed between Curious and Frazzled, so they're middle-of-the-road in terms of dominance. As Kay points out, they came out in the winter collection time.

If you want to keep them, I think one way to go would be to get a nice partner with super recessive whiskers and then keep traiting up the line using slightly less recessive whiskers (that way, if your stubby girl tosses her hidden whiskers you'll be able to tell as the shown ones will be more recessive than stubby). Or, if you can't find a suitable partner with super recessive whiskers, work the other way -start with a nice partner with Frazzled then keep going towards recessive (this way probably requires better knowledge of the partner's hiddens than the first one). Have some treats available to reward Stubby girl when she doesn't toss her hidden whiskers. After a first generation of stubby whiskered babies, you can sibling breed and you'll have a better knowledge of what's back there. And/or backbreed a stubby whiskered boy to stubby girl mum, even if the chances for better overall traited babies are slimmer that way.

And in the meantime I'd try to find out more about dad's hidden whiskers, and to get well traited partner(s) with Mysterious whiskers for mum, as I too suspect that she's the one hiding the stubby (just a hunch, depending on dad's line of course, as they're not LE whiskers)
bea i got mine out of my xmas ones not the snowball
but im me i fill you in on what i know
i need coffee first.........
Thank you Bea for the tip Smile I'm on it Smile
Smile Skippy

Thanks Neck!!! I'll definitely IM you Smile

Was wondering where these stubbys came from.
I was breeding a cookiecat with silver guitar
to a foxie with white guitar,
and these resulted in white mysterious whiskered foxies,
then I decided to breed the mysterious whiskered foxies
to each other,
and ended up with a foxie with white STUBBY.

What the hell is a stubby I asked myself,
now I know Wink
Reference URL's