KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: cats won't play with the ball anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After the recent update I noticed my cats no longer follow their ball when I try to play with them. The ball attaches, my avatar claps her hands, let the ball go and stuff, but they just ignore the poor ball. I can see it rolling on the floor all alone til it disappears. Looks like a bug to me. Suggestions?
i've noticed this too a few times, i was able to grab the ball and start rolling it again and that seemed to catch their eye to chase it sometimes. Maybe they added a personality quirk in the update, just like real cats dont always want to play ???
(02-07-2013 10:56 AM)Tatiana Cheng Wrote: [ -> ]i've noticed this too a few times, i was able to grab the ball and start rolling it again and that seemed to catch their eye to chase it sometimes. Maybe they added a personality quirk in the update, just like real cats dont always want to play ???

But they ask me "I want to play ball"! Moody kittens Dodgy
I've filed a ticket about it and KC staff came home to look into it. I also asked a friend to play with hers and see what happened and she had the same issues.

My experience: The ball rolls too fast, it doesn't stop, kitties can't catch it and lose interest and the ball disappears before I can move it closer or stop it. I also tried to play within a prim circle so the ball wouldn't go too far, but when it hit the walls of the circular fence kitties lost interest, so they never actually got to play. I tried dragging the ball a little, which used to work to help kitties regain interest, and it didn't work.

I miss playing with my kitties :/
Same problem here! I tried to play with the large ball with my mega and even it goes so fast I can't see where it went! I'm excited to see the big boy frolicking around so hopefully this gets worked out soon
Same problem here! I tried to play with the large ball with my mega and even it goes so fast I can't see where it went! I'm excited to see the big boy frolicking around so hopefully this gets worked out soon
i'm sure they will fix the problem soon.
Gotta love the physics simulator. Larger cat ==> more force when it bumps into the ball. More force ==> faster movement.
I tried to play with my normal size cats, though, who are way over 120 and have played since whichever version was around in October 2011. I don't have any megas or bigger around yet. Also, the ball rolls too fast when I throw it, the kitty never actually gets to touch it.

The explanation I got in the reply to my ticket, after KC staff visited them at home, was that apparently the issue has to do with a new shape they've used in this update for the toy/ball. They also said there was no estimated time for when it would be fixed.

It's not just a problem with the bigger sizes.
I've noticed just the opposite actually, my cats seem to frolic and play more since the update as long as the ball doesn't sink into the floor of the house. Don't know, might be region based? I have a linden home in Nugu I think it is and land with Belle Pointe. Not sure what to tell ya but I'm sure they are hard at work to fix it, yet another example of how KC is once again superior to LL in their service and commitment to solving issues of the customer. Big Grin Big Grin Thank you KC Team and Happy Birthday again !!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's