KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: New sizes in old packages?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hellos!
If I have a limited edition kitty, say... an awesome steampunk still in the package that hasn't been rezzed in-world, when I unpack it and the kitten box hits the server, will it have a chance to be one of the new sizes? Like a steampunk mega puss! oh my gosh that would be soooo fab. I am hoping the answer is YES Big Grin
Ohh that is a good question. I think that collection did have random toys and teacups but I can't remember for sure. I am looking for the thread where we had asked something along the same lines about what an unpacked never connected to the server cat would potentially hide but so far no luck.
http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.ph...639&page=1 Yay I found it! Hopefully this will help add insight to if it is possible.
Hi there!
I would be so thrilled if this was the case (I would certainly be unpacking quite a few boxed LEs I have stashed in my inventory!) but my logic tells me this is a feature from the 1.29 update. Those boxed LEs that have never been rezzed were created with the version available at the time of release so my guessing would be they won't have the possibility of having the new features (like those old kitty boxes that don't have the cattery option, maybe?) however further clarification by KittyCats would be much appreciated!
It would be incredibly cute to have a RFL Steampunk giant kitty!!

Giulia
Heart
Special collection PACKAGES have not had their traits determined.

Traits are determined when the box is removed from the delivery package and first rezzed in-world.

Special collection PACKAGES will always have the special traits and features for that collection.

But the non-special elements, such as the hidden fur, will be selected from the now-present list.

So, if you purchased a Steampunk delivery package, removed the box back then, and rezzed the box, it might carry a retired Fur, but can NOT carry one of the more recently-introduced Furs.

Conversely, if you purchased a Steampunk delivery package, and have not yet removed the box, it can NOT carry a retired Fur, but it CAN carry one of the more recently-introducted Furs.

The same can be said for all traits.

As to Size, if you removed the box from the delivery package, there is NO chance that one of the new sizes would appear in the box. If, however, you have not yet removed the box from the delivery package, there is "no" size and the size would be determined under the normal rules in effect at the time you finally do remove the box from the delivery package.

That is, of course, presuming the Size was not part of the special collection. If, for example, the special collection consisted of only Teacup cats, the size for all boxes, no matter when removed from the delivery package, would be Tea Cup.
wow, thank you for that explanation Big Grin I had no idea just how technical all this could be. LOL
(02-05-2013 08:38 PM)Misa Delight Wrote: [ -> ]Hellos!
If I have a limited edition kitty, say... an awesome steampunk still in the package that hasn't been rezzed in-world, when I unpack it and the kitten box hits the server, will it have a chance to be one of the new sizes? Like a steampunk mega puss! oh my gosh that would be soooo fab. I am hoping the answer is YES Big Grin

Old collection KittyCatS cannot have the new sizes, if they have been never rezed before in world they have the current traits like the starters have at the time rezed.
(02-06-2013 03:06 AM)Equinox Pinion Wrote: [ -> ]Old collection KittyCatS cannot have the new sizes, if they have been never rezed before in world they have the current traits like the starters have at the time rezed.

Thank you so much Equinox!
Reference URL's