KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Couple Ideas I have been rolling around
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know everyone has their takes on what should be added to the kittycats line ups and what should not have been added. I cannot gripe a whole lot on the subject cause i think the staff and creators of these Lil beauties have been doing an amazing job. It wasn't til recently after talking with a new friend that i decided to throw a few of these ideas into the forums and see if i really am just a crazy cat lady lmao.

My idea would be along the lines of either a costume or a new size like the teacup or a toy that would randomly appear while breeding. I was thinking a munchkin cat would be an adorable choice that everyone would want. I know in real life i have never had one but always love the lil guys they are adorable (the reason i do not have one in real life is cause i cant find a good breeder or haven't found one in the shelters). For those of you who don't know what a munchkin is i have included a youtube link so you can find out what these cuties are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rDCHxLh6IM

a couple other ideas i have can wait for another time this is one that has been on my mind since i started Kittycats. I just would love to atleast hear what you the Kittycats community has to say about thisHeartAngel

Thankies for all of you who have read this
WOW! I couldn't stop "awwwww"-ing at this video! That would be very cute if there was a "munchkin size." I guess it might be a bit of a different "shape" rather than size I guess. Either way, the virtual version would be adorable I'm sure!
I personally really do not like it when people breed pets with diseases and genetic disorders, and the fact that if you breed two munchkins together, 1/4 of the kittens will die is just... well... NOT a good sign!!!

The video says "when responsibly bred" - and then mentions more diseases (apart from kitten-deaths...) that just comes with the race... Honestly, why do you want to breed a cat that just "comes with" a genetic disease? For cuteness? Are sick cats and dead kittens cute? I think not Sad

-That's my RL view of things. In SL, in-breeding etc. is perfectly fine and we all do it with our prim-cats. But adding features to the prim-cats that resembles genetic disorders in RL would be very non-cute in my view.

If you think my view on breeding diseases & disorders is strict, search this forum for why. The story of my super-rare pedigree-kitty Sunshine is heartbreaking, and not one I will soon recover from.

-Saga
While I'd never want a cat in that size RL for the reasons Saga listed, I think KittyCatS is about idealism including a perfect SL world where we can have munchkins, toys, and teacups without the negative effects and I fully support it. Smile

I'm all for every individual having a kitty that compliments their avatar size for holding/cuddling purposes and I think there's a gap between the toy and normal size kitty that begs to have another special, potentially random size made for it to suit those avatars. Smile Maybe these munchkins (or any name the KittyCatS Devs give them) would suit this? I hope something like this is added! The more diversity the better and the more options for avatars to be able to take their kitty out via holding/cuddling without that kitty consuming their entire avatar, the better as well.
That's very sad to hear. Sad From the clip I assumed they were similar to dachsunds and corgis; i.e. short statured breeds or just a random sort of mutation. It is even more sad to hear that breeding for these traits has caused such pain and problems for these kitties. Are there indeed some that are random? I know the grumpy cat is a kitten of two regular sized cats, maybe the parents are related if it's a genetic disorder?
Im terribly sorry you feel that way about them. next time i wont be putting things on the forum in the future
(01-10-2013 06:03 PM)Balalika Ivanovic Wrote: [ -> ]Im terribly sorry you feel that way about them. next time i wont be putting things on the forum in the future

Oh no! Don't let any opinions make you refrain from posting a legitimate suggestion on the forum, everyone always has a differing opinion whether from a RL stance or from something they don't agree with in the KC metagame and that's something to consider when posting, but isn't bad by any means, everyone sees things differently. Smile

I think what should be considered in your suggestion is that it's for KittyCatS, not real life - It's obvious you weren't trying to suggest KittyCatS adds a genetic disorder where 1/4 the cats end up deceased due to being born of a smaller size, you were suggesting that we potentially have another size added to our array of sizes in KittyCatS, much like we already have toys and teacups which aren't exactly the healthiest of sizes for pets to be RL-wise. I felt like you used the munchkin kitty as an example of a smaller kitty (and stockier) but I understood your point.

KittyCatS is a platform for idealism whether having super cute, healthy teacup-sized cats, cats seeming as though they're missing an eyeball (in a cute, quirky fashion! I love that Moldy Oldie kitty! Obviously this isn't something I'd revere RL.) with the Halloween kitties, or breedable bubblegum pink kitties who would have to undergo the displeasure of an unfair, RL dye job to obtain that fantasy fur color. There's an obvious difference between RL and KittyCatS.

This suggestion has come up quite a bit on the forum and yours just adds another perspective to potentially having another size available for kitties, whether it's called a "munchkin" or something else. And I'm all for it because there's definitely that gap between the toy and normal size and plenty of avatars (many suggest the 5-day old toddler size) who would love this size to compliment their proportions. Smile
yes please, post your input... one of the great things about our community is that we are a diverse group of people with different thoughts and views. sharing them doesn't mean anyone is 'right or wrong' there is no right or wrong when it comes to your input. we value all of it Smile and i think our community members like to hear and consider how others see things too! after all if we wish to be heard or understood, most of us know we must also "listen" and "seek to understand". Smile (though i confess i usually want it before i want to give it) Sad

as a company, we have a HUGE list of things we want to do... it grows and grows. some things we implement may have been on the list since our earliest days... when we see the community make a suggestion that is also on our list it "can" sometimes make it something we do quicker than we may have planned. (not always but sometimes) so again we love hearing from you.

so please, continue to share!!! and thank you to everyone who posted on this thread!
(01-10-2013 04:51 PM)Saga Felix Wrote: [ -> ]I personally really do not like it when people breed pets with diseases and genetic disorders, and the fact that if you breed two munchkins together, 1/4 of the kittens will die is just... well... NOT a good sign!!!

The video says "when responsibly bred" - and then mentions more diseases (apart from kitten-deaths...) that just comes with the race... Honestly, why do you want to breed a cat that just "comes with" a genetic disease? For cuteness? Are sick cats and dead kittens cute? I think not Sad

-That's my RL view of things. In SL, in-breeding etc. is perfectly fine and we all do it with our prim-cats. But adding features to the prim-cats that resembles genetic disorders in RL would be very non-cute in my view.

If you think my view on breeding diseases & disorders is strict, search this forum for why. The story of my super-rare pedigree-kitty Sunshine is heartbreaking, and not one I will soon recover from.

-Saga

Alright to start off with Thank you for voicing your opinion Saga, but I do wish you would actually educate yourself on such things before calling a munchkin gene a disorder. I wondering if you watched the video at all. If you object to this cat then that means you object to corgis, weenie doggies, basset hounds and a couple of things from the rodent family such as a ferret. This mutation is a Gene based not and inbred disorder, and the reason two munchkins cant breed is the same as some Natural breeds of dog cant breed together or that you cannot mate with your relative. keep in mine this breed was only discovered in 1983. the bloodlines are too close for these to be bred to one another safely that's why people in TICA do not recognize this breed unless the kitten itself has two different parents. you know the same things happen with Calico i hope. But to actually not educate yourself in the differences between a gene and a disorder is a little discouraging. that's like saying its a disorder if you are born with a red hair gene. TICA would not have recognized this cat as a official breed if it had been any form of a disorder. I should know i have worked along side TICA members at shows and i volunteered for 8 years at a vet clinic and volunteered many other years at a shelter. I still try to keep up to date with all the new breeds and keep myself educated on the problems that can arise from different breeds.

I hope you do look into this information and see that what i had posted was not some horrific monsters idea like you seemed to imply.

One to check out that you may like is also a gene traited kitty called a La Perm its actually very cute and super soft and i was going to write about that idea as well unless you have another "she a monster for liking this in real life" quote you would like to throw at it
(01-11-2013 11:18 AM)Balalika Ivanovic Wrote: [ -> ]One to check out that you may like is also a gene traited kitty called a La Perm its actually very cute and super soft and i was going to write about that idea as well

awwwwws I was looking at Animal Planet Cats 101 videos and found one on La Perm and immediately remembered this thread! Thanks Balalika for introducing me to this breed! Maybe I wouldn't have watched the video if you hadn't already spiked my curiosity Smile And they're such cute kitties!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's