KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: How did I get this KittyCat???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok Not sure if you can look it up by ID so here is the ID ae104396-4f86-24be-f07b-d9f6168833e8

Here is the Pedigree on her

Fur: Snowshoe - Red
Eyes: Forest (Curious|Big)
Shade: Illume
Tail: Frisky
Ears: Mysterious
Whiskers: White (Guitar)
Size: Normal

Mom:
Fur: Ocicat - Tawny
Eyes: Odyssey Dream (Mysterious|Small)
Shade: Illume
Tail: Plush
Whiskers: White (Mysterious)

Dad:
Fur: Balinese - Seal Lynx
Eyes: Forest (Curious|Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Frisky
Whiskers: White (Guitar)

In the extended history there is only 1 snowshoe and it is a bluepoint on mom's side.

Also how rare is this fur? is it a good one to keep and breed from?

Luna Darkthorn (luna1987)
Hi Luna Smile

We can't look in eachothers pedigree by ID.
But I can tell your Ocicat Tawny must have hide Snowshoe Red and because the Balinese Seal is more Recessive than the Snowshoe Red it was possible to make the hidden fur of your Tawny visable.
So this snowshoe Red hides a Seal Lynx or what the Seal Lynx hides.

I hope this helped Smile

What a precious little kitty that is by the way!

EDIT This fur isn't really rare in the sence it excists quite a while already in general the rarity of a fur is depends highly on how much it is bred.
Some furs of the Chateau line for example are very rare while it is a common fur simply because they are not bred as much as others so if you look on the markets you will notice how rare your snowshoe is as in how much you see them.
hi Smile Congrats on a gorgeous kitty first of all!!!

Bluepoint is dominant to Oci Tawny, so mum must have got both her parents' hidden furs (she can't be hiding snowshoe bluepoint). Since Snowshoe red is dominant to Seal Lynx, the only way it could have come from is mum's hidden, which she seems to have decided to toss this time. Being dominant to Seal Lynx, it's now showing in the kitten.

I really like reds and breed them. It's not a fur considered "rare" but, like a few other furs, in my experience you don't see them as often as others, especially nicely traited.

I hope this helps Smile
Ok neat, thanks!

This set had another baby that was a Oci Tawny and pulled the dad's hidden eye (sadly this was beach blue!)

I never looked to hard at the "red, white, cream, fire" cats as It's not something i have had IRL but i love this fur with the forest eyes!

Thanks again for the help on understanding how that works!
Ahh, congrats on the kitty. Who can resist a little red head with green eyes. Matter of fact who could resist a little red head with beach blue eyes. Very nice little girl there. You don't see snowshoe-red or forest much and to have it on the same kitten is awesome.
I love forest too! And it's been retired for a while, that's probably why it's not seen so much -that and the fact that it's fairly dominant, which to some seems a bad word Wink

I love my kitties and tend to breed them out for their potential rather than make my own combos except on very special occasions. So I guess I make a lot of lemonade LOL. So......if Beach Blue isn't that pretty to you, think your kitty can have babies showing ody dream or whatever mum's hidden eye is Smile Or you might hide a very recessive eye under it and trait up the offspring even more before pulling it out. And they might even decide to toss that mysterious eye shape mum shows too....
I sure hope they do, i was hoping"perfect" eyed kittens as i love the look. I love forest eyes, that's by far my fav eye... that and the Gen. sunshine as they look like real cat eyes ^.^

I do like the little snowshoe as well, i am going to see if they will give me another one ^.^
I do have one more question about this, so sticking with my snowshoe red.

She has to to be hiding the B Seal Lynx or better from dad

and because her eyes are forest than she is hiding the Ody dream or better from mom.

because she has her moms Illume shade than she would have to have something better hidden form dad or nothing at all ? as his background shows no shade other than normal

Her tail is Frisky so she has to hide moms Plush tail or better...

Ears are Mysterious so she can only hide better or nothing?
Yes and she necessarily hides illume or + recessive and myst ears or + recessive : dominant cannot hide behind recessive.
Adding to what Nenya said, your kitten can't hide Plush tail, as it's dominant to Frisky, which kitten shows. So his/her hidden tail has to be Frisky or more recessive. Even the whiskers can be mysterious or more recessive, since the mysterious isn't showing and
so we don't know what mum actually passed. It's only a possibility, and I haven't seen the rest of mum's pedigree, but if you get OS from your snowshoe red with a different whisker shape, you can look back in both parents pedigrees and work out where it can have come from.

Also, if you like tracing back traits, you can use the IDs from any kitty to see further back if the current owner has a pedigree linker like the ones made by Liriel Garnet (they look like picture frames, genie lamps or kitty clocks).
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's