KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: What about shades?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I typed in the search bar but nothing came up about this. I had a baby Illume and she kind of looks like a light bulb -totally unexpected- lol. Can you please explain the differences between the various shades? Smile
There is a section under General Discussions...By Saga Felix, it contains all the trait charts and their level of recessivness. There are currrently 6 shades: Flair, Illume, Glitter, Porcelain (retired), Twinkle (retired) and our newest Shade Flash.

With Flair being the most dominant shade and Flash now listed as the most recessive. Each shade adds a level of gloss/shiney/glowing effect. The lighter furs tend to really light up and you can almost lose the other features in the glow. Darker furs tend to tone down the glow effect and allow you to really see it. Retired shades you can no longer get from your starter kitties, therefore you have to have a kitty with those shades, showing or hiding in the pedigree to get them. I hope that helps Big Grin
There is a section under General Discussions...By Saga Felix, it contains all the trait charts and their level of recessivness. There are currrently 6 shades: Flair, Illume, Glitter, Porcelain (retired), Twinkle (retired) and our newest Shade Flash.

With Flair being the most dominant shade and Flash now listed as the most recessive. Each shade adds a level of gloss/shiney/glowing effect. The lighter furs tend to really light up and you can almost lose the other features in the glow. Darker furs tend to tone down the glow effect and allow you to really see it. Retired shades you can no longer get from your starter kitties, therefore you have to have a kitty with those shades, showing or hiding in the pedigree to get them. I hope that helps Big Grin
(01-04-2013 08:50 AM)Mirsoul Resident Wrote: [ -> ]There is a section under General Discussions...By Saga Felix, it contains all the trait charts and their level of recessivness. There are currrently 6 shades: Flair, Illume, Glitter, Porcelain (retired), Twinkle (retired) and our newest Shade Flash.

Hi Mirsoul, I read those Google Docs but there was only a list of the shades, not an actual description on how they look on a cat. Like how much bright they are, which one is the brightest and things like that. Thanks for your reply Smile
This Comparison was made by Khea, Thanks to her Smile

[Image: 7630108248_4e6d2156e7_b.jpg]
KittyCats Shades Comparison v2 by Khea Karas, on Flickr
(01-04-2013 09:49 AM)Sara Franco Wrote: [ -> ]This Comparison was made by Khea, Thanks to her Smile

[Image: 7630108248_4e6d2156e7_b.jpg]
KittyCats Shades Comparison v2 by Khea Karas, on Flickr

Ooh thanks, this helps a lot for sure!Heart
Appearently I got the brightest one, on a Pink Chateau. Her lil furry butt is all sparkly and stuff, I can't even see her eyes when she sleeps LOL. Maybe it's because she's still very very small (hope so, her fur is so cute). Thanks again, ladies!
Your Second Life viewer settings strongly effect shades. That includes Windlight settings (sun position/color, sky color, etc). I imagine a lot of people have the setting Low so don't see any difference at all for most of the shades.
(01-04-2013 09:55 AM)Gloria Marchant Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh thanks, this helps a lot for sure!Heart
Appearently I got the brightest one, on a Pink Chateau. Her lil furry butt is all sparkly and stuff, I can't even see her eyes when she sleeps LOL. Maybe it's because she's still very very small (hope so, her fur is so cute). Thanks again, ladies!

You're welcome Smile and like Tad said your settings affect how you see it, try to play with settings to see it less bright.
Like Mirsoul said as well, darker furs make the Illume and Glitter less BLINDING where as if you have glitter on a white russian it looks like a little ball of nuclear fusion! XD
(01-04-2013 12:20 PM)dakillakm Resident Wrote: [ -> ]Like Mirsoul said as well, darker furs make the Illume and Glitter less BLINDING where as if you have glitter on a white russian it looks like a little ball of nuclear fusion! XD

A little ball of pinkish fire is running while we speak! LOL I need to find an appropriate Windlight setting or some dark shades for my poor eyes hehehe Big Grin
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's