KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: The hunt for pussy, in a world filled with it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys!

There is alot of thoughts going through my head regarding these cats and the experiences I've had over the 18+ months of kittycats breeding. Truthfully I've been maybe too involved with the cats at times, having spent copious amounts of hours breeding, selling, auctions and all that...

It all started in may/june 2011, the time was probarbly 3-4 am my time. I was standing around in the Gor Hub, not really playing SL that much at that time, because I had just been roleplaying in Gor for about a year and was totally burnt out on SL and drinking paga. So I had quit all that and just logged in and was chatting with a few old friends when I'm reading in the Doctor Who group, and this girl is asking if anyone wanna come to a kittycats auction. Being pretty curious I IM the girl and get myself a TP. (I'm so sorry but I always forget your name. She always had like a baby-cart as a display on her panel 1 and 2 at nachts auction, please remind me of her name!)

Accepting the TP I land in a pretty nice group of women, instantly my stoned mood went through the roof. I say hello and just observe what is going on, but damnit I can not understand what is going on, people seem to just be bidding randomly - but I finally understand that there was an auctioneer (actually two) on voice, and I relogged and my voice was working. Everyone seemed so happy that I was there that I liked the vibe straight away, I also found the cats very cute and I think I prob bought 5-6 cats at that very auction then it hit me that I might need some land for this, something I didnt have at that time. So I hit up an old friend and asked if i could squat my kittens at her land while I was trying to find my own (this very friend then also got hooked on kittens, and went on a crazy shopping spree until finally it was too overwhelming for her with that much pussy, sorry about that my friend.).

I continued going to the nachts auction and buying kittens. I think pretty quickly I had 15 cats, then I might have had 30 cats, then 40-50. I was totally clueless how they worked, but in all fairness the cats was the most fun for me at this time. I met Amanda Yven at this first auction I was at and she was the one that taught me how the traits works with passing, dominant and recessive and all that. I did not understand it at first, and it took months before i thought i knew i understood how it worked (it was actually a couple of more months after that I really knew that I knew how they worked). Thank you Amanda for teaching me!
There were others that I asked for help too along the way, I thank you all, but Amanda was amazing to me.

On a side note a special thanks to Piraiyah who said he was specializing in making perfect eyes, and it made sense, perfect eyes were rare back then, and I took this to heart, albeit some weeks/months after he had said it to me.

I also started selling cats at nachts auction, because it was alot of fun there, but always mixed results with the sales. I made some deposits of lindens here and there and won some money at poker in SL to fund my newfound kitty addiction. I also bought my first expensive kitty at the nachts, it was a pink & white pretty early after they got released. I think I bought it from devilness or was it nocshadue? I paid 12k for it, which was alot of money for a cat i thought. But I was really happy to have her. I named her Punk Pissy if I can recall. I never had much luck with breeding her, but one always remember that first pink pussy cat that you get.

Getting my first shop. It was at the now defunk Catnip or GTFO. I was on the waitlist for a cottage there and after a week on the list I IM Bekah and ask if there is any cottage yet, and she said there was one in the pink section but she didnt think I would want a pink one and gave it to someone else. "/#&"(/#&"(#&. A few days later I did get my cottage, a pink one. Happy times.
I remember how difficult it was to price cats in shops, and how hard it was to sell them there, but I manged to sell a kitty here and there. (Bekah, I still miss you! *pouts*)

I also remembered that when Thunder Rae made the first 7T and Saga her first 7T that I thought the kittygame would be over soon since 7T+7T cat would always make a 7T cat. But I was wrong about that.
Some of my cats i bought the first month of playing was a 5T and a 4T cat that I eventually made a 9T with (whiskers were introduced not that long after Thunder and Saga made their first 7T cats and). I felt great achivement with making this cat, there was not many before me to make a fully traited cat, Thunder and Saga being two of those. It took me 4 generations of making sibling sets to get from the 5T cats to the 9T cat. Pedigree of Organic Weed Management: http://grabilla.com/02c1d-addf8f37-cd4c-...b00515.png

At this time I was really addicted to the auctions, and went to mostly all of them from what I can remember. It was a way to keep things afloat, I didn't want to have to deposit money every now and then just to breed them. Alot of work, but the auctions were a riot usually.

A few months later I made my first niche cat, if one might call it that, when I managed to make a genesis diamond with black/plush whiskers. I was totally hooked on whiskers after that, and has been ever since, always striving to be first with different whisker combos. After that I learned that these niche cats had pretty great value, many people back then focused more on fur and eyes, like most people do today. Many months I bred the black/plush whisker on to different furs, and at one time I was dead set on making every fur with black/plush whiskers. I probarbly made black/plush whiskers on 15+ different furs, which wasnt all that easy back then. It was still very rare to find well traited kitties with either traits

Halloween came around and kittycats announced a halloween costume contest and I was like "what the hell, lets try". Bought some gimp latex outfit and matched the color to the halloween kitty with same color and came riding in on this broom in a green/yellow latex suit, I even made a white skin for my face to match i even more. By some divine intervention I came second in this costume contest (which was awesome, I think we crashed both the main store and another sim before we finally went to one of Equinox fruity islands with no crashing.) The prizes were announced before the voting I think, and 1-2-3 spot would get a halloween LE in gigantic size. I will admit to voting on 3 people I didnt think would have much of a chance of winning. (Sorry guys!) But I think many people voted like that, of those that were really wanting to win, and I think that is how I ended up coming in second place lol. Regardless of how, I thank you all that voted for me. I was awesomely pumped and it was so much fun watching this kitty grow up, from a small cat day 1 and day 2 full grown normal size or something, 3rd day like 70cm, 4th day 1.x meter etc etc, until finally fullgrown (can't remember how big it was, but it was big.).

Some weeks after getting this big cat, I had a pretty substantial cattery ~100 cats or so. It was taking its toll on me feeding them food and milk and paying tier for the big land that was needed to house that many cats back then (thank you 2 prim mode for coming into my life eventually!). Anyways, I was at a crossroad. I didnt have money to feed the cats or pay the tier so i put my gigantic kitty up for sale which after a renegged deal was finally sold for 60k, that was a massive amount of money back then for a cat. I have always regret selling this cat and have since tried to buy him back from the current owner, he will always be special to me this one kitty. But I am 99% sure I would have quit back then if I didnt sell him, because I didnt have any money to deposit or to get any. He solved it all for me, this cuddly kitty. Thank you kitty!

It was around this time I was finally understanding how the traitsystem worked and I could make my own cats the way I wanted them, more or less. I also caught my first break with a starter from the halloween (or it could have been xmas release) with getting a starter hiding light wash. Ody rainbow was still the most recessive eye around this time, and I kinda lucked out with my Light Wash, probarbly took me 2 months to find the eye, but by then I had alot of boxes from the starter that was hiding the Light Wash, so I opened them up and focused on getting nice lines of the light wash eye going. I remember selling my first Light Wash, a Bengal snow, omg, it was really a beautiful cat back then. I actually sold the first one, the bengal snow. I had put him in my shop for 60k and after a few days he was sold, I was amazed that I could sell a cat for 225 real life american dollares. After this sale I would like to say I never looked back again, I was now on a mission to make cash. The kicker was I couldnt even cash out back then, but I still wanted to make money to buy other expensive kittens. Armed with a hot commodity and a firm grasp on how breeding worked I just trucked along. But the power of the light wash going for big bucks dissapeared after a while, but that was fine, I was working on other exciting kittens.
Eventually the balineses were released and kittymarket really took off. I was jealous of those having the balinese, and getting like 100-200k just for an offspring with the fur hiding and what not. Around that time I did get a much extravagant gift from Mya, she gave me a 1 or 2T balinese seal, like when the cats were selling for like 80k. I was amazed of this kindness, thank you Myacakes!
A few weeks later I did find that a starter that I had been working with was hiding the balinese seal, so I had alot of cats hiding the fur and opened them up and starting breed them.

Once the balinese craze died out with a saturated market the cats kinda lost its flair for me. I was still making money but it wasnt all that fun anymore for me. But I powered through, some more releases and now I'm here at present time. Today, this evening on the brink of the new year.

"No matter where you go - there you are."

My only motivation for breeding in the last 6 months has been for the money. I did my first cashout in march/april and has since then withdrawn around 1.2 million lindens. I'm not saying that to brag, but I am proud of it and I think it proves the point that the possibilites are pretty much limitless for what you can do online nowadays. I have spent all that money on weed, which I've promptly smoked while playing SL.

HeartHeartHeart

I am sincerely thankful to everyone that has bought my cats over the year (feels like yearS to be honest!). I am also very thankful for the nice friends I've made in this community and even though I am giving up breeding, I am sure you guys will all see my around from time to time at events and stuff.
I am not discarding the idea that I might start up breeding again somewhere down the line, but only time will tell.

HeartHeartHeart

There are also alot of other people not mentioned in this post that I owe alot of thanks to. But the list would be long and I wouldnt wanna leave anyone out.

Thank you all, Heart Cool Tongue with love,

Rocky
I hope you stick around visiting us! You will for sure be missed.
I gave up on getting a girl weeks ago, #foreveralone
Thank you for sharing your KittyCatS journey it was fun to read Smile
I hope to see you around still but I can absolutely understand you need at least a break.
don't go or i will cry. at least stay in the group and bug us lol... pretty please.
Hugs Rocky ! Heart

Awww feels like an end of an era - Take care Rocky and come back soon!
I also hope that you stick around, Rocky, even if your brilliant breeds only live on in other catteries. I very much understand the need to take a break and/or quit - especially when you get to the point where it feels like it's all about the money.

*Hugs* to you and good luck with whatever else you chose to spend your time & lindens on now! ;-)

-Saga
Always my favorite drama queen.

Sweet kisses~
I was at your first auction Rocky..you bought the pink and white from me and we were all freaking out thinking "who the hell IS this guy?" I remember for about a month or so after you bought her..( and think you bought another from me a few weeks later too) I kept IMing you asking iif she was ok, and did you cuuddle her today etc. LOL. I think you changed her name to crack pipe or somthing obnoxious like that =op. The bathrobe and parrot will be an image burned into my brain forever.

Even if you don't breed, stick around, you'll miss us if ya don't...

Hugs,
Noc
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's