KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: RFL special bid war
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok i like to make a request. I do not have alot of money as do not alot of kittycat breeders. How is it fair to only set up a RFL auction for highest bidder? That leaves so many out and discouraged because we just do not have the money.

Here is my suggestion to give everyone a chance. Why can you not set up a raffle process also. Let everyone buy a raffle ticket at a set price, so we can all have a chance to win a cat, and its not to who ever got the most money. it will generate donation you are seeking for a good cause, plus give your the community at whole a chance.

If you support this idea, please post or send a notecard to Kittycats asking for the same.

Catihet
I dunno how the rfl-stuff works, but isn't it rfl-commitity that decides how the money is going to be raised for that particular expo? Not kittycats?
I think JC is right, I'm sure KittyCatS doesn't make the decisions but perhaps they could pass the suggestion along. I think this would be a great idea to generate more income for a good cause and give people without the big bucks to bid a way to also have a chance at great cause kitty goodness!
As I look at it, if say a raffle ticket is set to 500 lindens, most can afford least one ticket. If a 1000 tickets are sold, which is easy in a group this size, that is 500,000 lindens generated in a donation. That probally more than what a single auction of highest bidder will generate.
I believe their is a raffle for the RFL as well, with several prizes. I've bought my tickets there. So it would be cool to have maybe even throughout the year a special kitty to raffle for.
JC's right - RFL determines how the auction is set up. We just provide the items to be auctioned. I would definitely recommend passing the suggestion along to the organizers for the event. Smile
I like this idea also I think the auction was way too long anyway.
And also I think the breedables who brought a brand new one of a kind trait received way more attention (too much really) than KC who didn't.
I agree it would be awesome if budget was not ruling everything because I think every community member wanted to make a donation and have a chance to win something beautiful and unique.
A raffle seems a good idea from this point of view.
I hope RFL will be sensitive to make a change in how they raise money for breedables.

EDIT on the side note, because by how this is put "the people with the big bucks" I almost feel I need to defend myself.
I'm a decent hard working person who has a heart for charity.
I work so hard I rarely go on vacation for example beyond others.
So I like to set that straight before this is going to live a life on it's own.
I agree with you Kay, I'll admit I too was in the auction to almost the end and it now kinda makes you feel like a vulture because maybe you do have the money to do it with.

I think KittyCatS did an awesome job and I think they should be applauded for the effort they have put forth to make RFL a joy to be a part of. I would hate to see them put something like that into the auctioning. If they ever do traited kitty's I think it would be awesome for them to do the vendors. Actually it would be a great way to sell the jewels now that I think about it and see how much they usually sell for on the market. And it would go to a good cause.
RFL has its own rules, but maybe if KC thinks it's a good idea, there could be as well as the special kitties up for auction, another kitty (maybe a past collection kitty?) that KC would independently raffle set at the date the RFL is held and then KC themselves donate all or part of the proceedings to RFL?
I love the idea of a raffle or some way to make it so people who are unable to afford much are able to join in as well. I think whatever a person wants to do with their money is their choice and I honestly applaud those who are able to afford to donate so much to charity.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's