KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Ummm there is something wrong here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently did a clean install and updated my viewer and now a LOT of my boxes look like the photo below. Does anyone know what I should do to fix it?

Thank you in advance for the help!
Sometimes I have to do Right Click->Tex Refresh, especially when I have my fraphics on high. I'm using the updated Firestorm.
Do you mean the whiskers look odd?
If that is what you mean in firestorm: Preferences > Graphics > Rendering Tab - untick both Alpha Mask Rendering options.

I hope that helps with the issue you have Smile
I use singularity and I don;t think I have a refresh option but I will double check!
It sounds like you need to find the Rendering Options in Singularity Viewer (I checked their website to have an idea as of where this might be in your viewer but couldn't find it, sorry) and then un-tick Automatic Alpha Masks (there should be 2: non-deferred and deferred and both shouldn't be selected).

Here's where to find it on Phoenix Viewer
http://gyazo.com/7a8fe429c05b379bbfbb1e4dea768b22
Open the Advanced menu at the top of your viewer screen (ctrl + D to enable it if it's not enabled yet) Then select Rendering> Automatic Alpha Masks (non-deferred) and right below this one is the deferred option. Un select both and you're set Smile The only problem with selecting this options is that it might affect how you see other objects, like mesh for instance, some might look like they are transparent or that you can see through them but you can enable / disable according to your needs with a few clicks anyway.

I hope this helps Blush

GiuliaHeart
(12-13-2012 04:43 AM)Giuliana Verrazzano Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like you need to find the Rendering Options in Singularity Viewer (I checked their website to have an idea as of where this might be in your viewer but couldn't find it, sorry) and then un-tick Automatic Alpha Masks (there should be 2: non-deferred and deferred and both shouldn't be selected).

Open the Advanced menu at the top of your viewer screen (ctrl + D to enable it if it's not enabled yet) Then select Rendering> Automatic Alpha Masks (non-deferred) and right below this one is the deferred option. Un select both and you're set Smile The only problem with selecting this options is that it might affect how you see other objects, like mesh for instance, some might look like they are transparent or that you can see through them but you can enable / disable according to your needs with a few clicks anyway.

I hope this helps Blush

GiuliaHeart

Thank you very much! That seems to have fixed it I will keep my eyes open to see if I have any backlash from the change as well!
(12-13-2012 04:02 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much! That seems to have fixed it I will keep my eyes open to see if I have any backlash from the change as well!

Great to hear it is solved for you Smile
Me too I couldn't figure out what I had done worng LOL
(12-13-2012 04:02 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2012 04:43 AM)Giuliana Verrazzano Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like you need to find the Rendering Options in Singularity Viewer (I checked their website to have an idea as of where this might be in your viewer but couldn't find it, sorry) and then un-tick Automatic Alpha Masks (there should be 2: non-deferred and deferred and both shouldn't be selected).

I hope this helps Blush

GiuliaHeart

Thank you very much! That seems to have fixed it I will keep my eyes open to see if I have any backlash from the change as well!

Yay!!! Glad to be of help! I'm happy you can now see them properly! *slaps sl for being a pain*

GiuliaHeart
Reference URL's