KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
It occurs to me that the HUD won't find 'dead' cats .. those whose scripts have crashed or been stopped by someone with Estate access.

I don't like Area Search because it depends upon getting object updates from the servers to the viewer/clients. That can be laggy, and the scheduling used by the servers can delay sending the information about some objects for a surprisingly long time.

Generic in-world search tools generally have limited range (96 meters) and can only list a few objects. They can easily be fooled either by moving the search target out-of-range or by putting a lot of 'noise' targets closer to the tool that the target being looked for. The HUD does not work this way. The only way to fool the KittyCatS HUD is to use the Estate tools to stop the scripts in the lost cat.
(12-18-2012 04:56 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2012 01:22 PM)Kitten Longmeadow Wrote: [ -> ]Kitten's note - If the customer uses the Phoenix or Firestorm Viewer, they can try using Area Search to locate the cat. Keep in mind also that if the cat is on the parcel, it will return to its Home point when it is time to sleep

I thought about mentioning Firestorm's Area Search. But I have never found it to be super reliable. The HUD, on the other hand, always knows all your cats and can call them to you.

(12-18-2012 01:22 PM)Kitten Longmeadow Wrote: [ -> ]Kitten's Note - Re-rezzing the cats is not necessary. Re-rezzing the food/milk is enough to restart the script communication between the cat and bowl

Rerezzing the cats sets their Home. This should fix problems related to range/home. So, while not strictly required, it still seems a good idea.

Re: Area Search - Since it's a tool many have access to, CSR's recommend knowing how to use it. I've used it many a time to find a lost cat when my HUD would not. For example, the HUD is limited to showing up to 275 cats. If you have more than that, a tool like Area Search can be handy. I would appreciate you including it. Smile

Re: Re-rezzing - If someone has a significant number of cats, re-rezzing all of their cats to correct an eating issue can be cumbersome and time-consuming. It's not a necessary step in the process, so we don't recommend it. People can re-rez if they want to, but we want to make sure accurate information is presented, so I'd appreciate the clarification being included. Smile

Thanks!
OK, I'll make edits in a bit
Merged in Kitten's suggestions. Made some edits, mostly minor typographic changes and such.

I want to re-iterate that I view the list as a community resource and welcome any suggestions. I might kick the idea around a bit, here, like I did about Area Search .. but that's more getting it clear in my head that the suggestion actually has merit to a wide audience.
Edited for the new Pedigree View options.
How come my cats won't make a box???

To breed both cats need:
100% Love
at least 75% Happiness
at least 25% Energy (to be safe think 30%)
and be under 25% Hungry

One thing to add to this list: They have to both be awake. I forget that one sometimes.
Done.
Added how to fix problems filing tickets.
I might have a very silly question, but I'm trying to get back into the kitties and have visited many stores and saw that the boxes are so much better now. Before the cat was in the box and the traits on top of it in text and now the boxes have actual picture of the cats. How can this be achieved? I looked at the old kitten boxes I have in my inventory and they still are in a carton box, as before...I am missing something, is there a hud that puts a picture of a cat inside the box on the box or...?
Thanks a lot in advance! Smile
If your boxes are out-of-date, you'll need to get with a CSR to update them.

If your boxes are current-version, click on the box and select 2D mode.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's