KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: One couple drinking milk, the other not
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have two pairs of starter cats, in different areas of a sim. The pairs are completely separate from each other. Each pair have exactly the same settings for range, breeding, etc. Each pair have food and milk. Each pair have been eating their food just fine. Only one pair have been drinking their milk. The other pair has not touched theirs. It stays at 100%.

All things being equal, any ideas on why one pair would drink their milk and not the other pair?
Hi Navanax,

How old is the pair not drinking milk ?

Kittens (under 7 days old) don't drink milk.

Also, did you turn breed off on these cats ?

If yes, non breeders don't drink milk either.

Hope this help,

Nen
All cats, both pair, are 14 days old. I should also point out that both pair have birthed their first kittens.
ok, then only solution I can see is both pairs are drinking from the same bowl...

What did you set the milk to ?
(11-28-2012 03:15 AM)Nenya Eun Wrote: [ -> ]ok, then only solution I can see is both pairs are drinking from the same bowl...

What did you set the milk to ?

No, as I noted in the original post, the two pairs are completely separate from each other. One pair is ground level, one pair is several thousand meters up. However, the milk is set to sim. Is it possible that the pair on the ground could drink from the milk that is several thousand meters up in a skybox?

When you ask what I set the milk to, what settings are you particularly interested in?
The HOME position and cat's RANGE and bowl's RANGE determine which bowls the cats will consume. Of the bowls within range of the home position, if more than one bowl meets the criteria, which bowl is chosen is unpredictable.
Milk is set to sim.... Then both pairs are drinking from the same bowl, whereever they are situated on the sim. Smile
That happens. If I knew the specifics for how the "find me a bowl" protocol works, and how the simulator code handles events, I could probably explain it. But it's not important.
*tries to tie Tad's hands but is also intrigued by "But it's not important" and feels immersed in a JL Borges short story* Smile
(11-28-2012 03:47 AM)Nenya Eun Wrote: [ -> ]Milk is set to sim.... Then both pairs are drinking from the same bowl, whereever they are situated on the sim. Smile

Yeah, this seems to be what happened. Despite the cats distance from each other of several thousand meters almost straight up, they were all drinking from the bowl on the ground floor.

I set both milk bowls to Range and now both are being consumed. I did the same with the food bowls since apparently the same occurred there.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's