KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Linden Lab Kills Second Life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Another day, and again offline servers.

Am I the only one angry about paying a fortune on land tiers and get such lowsy service?

Have KittyCats management/CSRs/creators thought about moving to another grid? Is The Pampered Pet Company confronted with less money inflow these days? And who is to blame for that? Is the continuity of KittyCats in danger?

I know the answer. How about you?
[Image: i_dont_even_cat.jpg]
And what would you hope to find on those "other grids" ?
Empty sims, prim hair and no kittycats ?

Virtual worlds run on servers, and servers need to be updated and restarted to make this wonderful world run like ours do. Its just something we need to live with...

What SL makes so different from other grids is that all the talented and creative pll are here and the diversity is what make SL so unique, so plz stop thinking the grass will be greener on the other side...

Have a great Second Life,
and enjoy every second the servers do run...
xx
Doesn't this happen almost every Tuesday? I'm confused.
Well its not only on Tuesday anymore. Last week was horrible and yes here we go again.

Its no problem when the costs werent as high as they are here.

Ill state it in another way: its foolish to spend money on SL and LL. Coming online is ok as long as you dont pay them.
(11-13-2012 11:59 AM)pitsch Parx Wrote: [ -> ]And what would you hope to find on those "other grids" ?
Empty sims, prim hair and no kittycats ?

Virtual worlds run on servers, and servers need to be updated and restarted to make this wonderful world run like ours do. Its just something we need to live with...

What SL makes so different from other grids is that all the talented and creative pll are here and the diversity is what make SL so unique, so plz stop thinking the grass will be greener on the other side...

Have a great Second Life,
and enjoy every second the servers do run...
xx

Well LL is creative enough to let the login total plunge 30% compared to Nov 2011. Seems not everyone agrees with you.
(11-13-2012 12:04 PM)Ethereal Hurricane Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't this happen almost every Tuesday? I'm confused.

I think you nailed the "problem" right there.
Rolling restarts might be irritating sometimes but it is a normal procedure.
(11-13-2012 12:18 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2012 12:04 PM)Ethereal Hurricane Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't this happen almost every Tuesday? I'm confused.

I think you nailed the "problem" right there.
Rolling restarts might be irritating sometimes but it is a normal procedure.

I need to prove you wrong: http://dwellonit.taterunino.net/sl-statistical-charts/
The weekly stats show more downtime, last Sunday, Monday, Wednesday...

So are the total logins way down. People are fed up with huge land tiers and long downtime. About time Linden Lab compensates SL entrepeneurs like ISPs do in RL.
Hah! This is nuthinSmile I remember when the grid was shut down every Wednesday morning...and then, ya had to run in to SL and fix all the merchandise LL busted with their tinkering! Can't tell ya how many times I had to fix all my dang particle fountains lol! started to get pretty routine there for awhile Wink
(11-13-2012 01:44 PM)Dellybean North Wrote: [ -> ]Hah! This is nuthinSmile I remember when the grid was shut down every Wednesday morning...and then, ya had to run in to SL and fix all the merchandise LL busted with their tinkering! Can't tell ya how many times I had to fix all my dang particle fountains lol! started to get pretty routine there for awhile Wink

Yes true this is peanuts compaired to years ago when we needed to fix our complete store after a restart, weren't able to log in for a whole day after which we needed to detach our shoes and hairdo from our butt while trying to avoid we sticked our head in our own behinds.
Yes that were the anatomically completely messed up times.
Methinks those who complain need spend a week on a 2400 Baud dialup through an analog telco switch (there must be SOME left somewhere .. Eastern Europe perhaps?)

Seriously, one of the many things I watch are the complaints about bad sims. In general, Linden Labs is very, VERY good about uptime. There is a strong correlation between complaints and beta-test simulators. And, often, when there's a wide-spread problem, I can locate it elsewhere (like a fiber cut in Houston or a failed router in Chicago).
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's