KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: confused about cattery/pedigree
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
huhu everybody,
i'm a bit confused about my cattery and yes im a toooooooooootally noob in cats Big Grin so hope someone can enlighten me.
i have a mummymia-couple and they gave me few minutes ago a frankenpire...so far so good... but if i click the pedigree of the mummymias they are suddenly genesis cats with no traits although in pedigree overview they are still the mummys with all the traits o.O
The same now with my Frankenpire...btw odysee vamp ears are new or not? and if im already asking do they pass the eyes by chance too?
Oh my....im totally lost atm Blush
Forgot to ask if its just because of being starters Blush
Hi Godsevil,

Actually, all limited edition cats wear a costume that hides their actual "real" starter traits.
So when you click them inworld or look at their stats in the Pedigree, you don't see the same traits.

These cats usually have "normal" kittens, except when KittyCatS team decides for them to give us
a special kitten as their 1st born. This kitten will be wearing a costume you can see when you click
it inworld, but its real traits will be visible on the pedigree.

You can also see the real traits of the parents when you have a kitten you click inworld.

Hope that makes a bit more sense.

Nen
TY Nen, that explains it but there is still one tiny lil question...do the cats pass their costume traits then? My Frankenpire has the bent booboo tail, odysey vamp ears, flair and white booboo whiskers. I was so excited as i saw he got vamp ears and then i realized ohhh odyssey ones it was like OMG
Hello Godsevil!

Welcome to the most lovely sl hobby there is! (is the most addictive too but shhh, don't tell anyone I told you!)

It seems like you have some pretty neat Special Edition Halloween kitties! However, as Nenya posted before, the traits you see in both parents and on their first born baby are "costumes". These are special traits the KittyCats Team has given to your cats to show but are not necessarily the real traits your kitties carry.

Your starter kitties (each one of the mummies you mentioned or any other kitty you own that show their parents as "STARTER" when you check their stats) will have hidden traits behind the Genesis traits you can see in the pedigree page but they might not be the same traits they show on their costume; Some of them traits could be the same though, or if you are very very very lucky you might have them all hiding but traits are assigned to each kitten box in the moment is rezzed and this process is completely random, so the only way to know which are the real traits your kitties are hiding is to breed them with cats already showing some traits and see what comes up Smile

I hope this explanation shed some light in the subject! If you have any questions feel free to post them here, the KittyCats Community is extremely helpful!

Love... GiuliaBlush
giggles...ty Giulia i think now i got it Big Grin
(11-12-2012 09:59 AM)Godsevil Fall Wrote: [ -> ]giggles...ty Giulia i think now i got it Big Grin

You're very much welcome!

G.

xx
Reference URL's