KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Detail Addicted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had my Lilly for half a month now, and while I've not had a chance to breed her yet, I can tell that I'll be doing a lot of just that. I'm already building other things to sell so I can support my KittyCatS habbit.

I have seen a number of the other breedable pets in SL. Many of which are top quality, but there are a number of reasons I decided to head to the KittyCatS sim and buy a little box with a little fluffball in it, the least of which being that I adore cats in RL.

It started when my friend Shanti asked if I wanted to see her kitty named Blu. So I teleported her over to my place and let her put Blu down so she could run around.

I've not been too involved with any of the breedable species in SL, having only owned one other animal for a short time, but I was quickly impressed with the cat that was playing on the floor in front of me.
Then Blu stuck her tongue out and looked around. After I stopped laughing, I knew that no matter how much I resisted, I would end up owning a KittyCatS kitten. I think I made it a full week before I found myself at the store trying to decide if I wanted a boy, a girl, or both. I settled on a girl, and took my box home.

When Blu had stuck her tongue out, it automatically drew my attention because not only were these adorable kitties, the creators had put some thought into them in regards to how Real Life cats act, and they most certainly do just let their tongues stick out sometimes. It was this little detail that got my curiosity really up. I wanted to know what else had been built in. From day 1 my curiosity has had plenty to find.

When I put Lilly's box out and it rezzed, I noticed right off that it was a cardboard box, but that it wasn't just a plain box.
It had the realism of what you might expect to see in Real Life. Holes, up arrows, the "fragile" sticker, photorealistic markings you would find with the typical corrugated cardboard, and the "Kitten inside" writing on the side with the cute drawing. In one of the corners is what at first appears to be perms for the item, but in fact upon close examination there are 3 checked checkboxes for "cuddly", "cute", and "curious".

By the time Lilly was done opening her eyes, standing up, and moving around in her box, I was ready to be on the lookout for all the fun details I could find.

Have you ever looked at your kitties paws? They are the store logo. Smile

The details are there, you just have to look for them, or sometimes wait for them. I love seeing how giddy people get when they watch their first kitty chase butterflies. I was just as giddy.
The laughs from people when the kitten walks up to them and says "How can you walk in those things?"

And Callie didn't make a minimum number of textures then just recolor them. If you look close at the kitties, there are differences in the eyes, noses, and other traits (given, I've not seen a whole lot of kitties, but she's definitely put a lot of love into creating the faces of these cuddly kitties).

The containers for the food are another area that is well thought out. Well designed packages that carry all relevant information and then some. Seriously. Grab a box of Kitty Kibble and read the Nutritional information panel on the side!

With the recent release of the collars came another surprise. The level of detail on the collars is really well done, and you actually have to get kinda close to them to see just how detailed the textures are.
And for those who don't know it yet, when you buy the collars, the box includes two bracelets (one each wrist) and an "owner collar", all that match the collar you bought for your kitty.

The store itself is really well laid out, and a pleasant place to be (though laggy at times, but it's a very busy place!).

The details and the depth of the work put into KittyCatS is something that will keep my interest for a long time. Different breeds to try and get, and maybe even sell a kitten or two.

A big thanks to the KittyCatS team for all their work on this. I can't wait to see what else you have in store. Smile
thank you for taking the time to write this post. it makes me really happy that you notice the details as at times, i think we all wonder if we're taking too long on stuff. Smile or if it "really" matters.

personally, as the head of the visuals, on the cats, store and packaging, etc... details mean the world to me. part of it is my training, and part is the fact that i seem to always notice details or the absence thereof on many things.

i'm really happy to hear you like the store Smile and all the other stuff. it was a collaborative effort for sure. i remember when equinox first mentioned "oh how cute would a tongue be" (which i had never thought of unless we had a washing animation, which we were going to) then how our scripter made it so it sticks out when it washed then back in, and out at certain times Smile he's a big cat lover and i am too. Smile

anyway thanks for noticing Smile i'm happy you like the details, as they said "God is in the details" and of course we know cats think they are Gods lol. so i guess they would allow no less Tongue

hope to meet you inworld sometime!

callie
I agree completely with Neural, the first time I went to the store and saw how things were laid out, and the dioramas, it struck me how much thought has gone into the whole thing. It's all so beautifully done.

As a pedigree cat breeder in rl for almost 20 years with a particular interest in colour genetics, the existence of fertile male torties, and Siamese with eye colours other than blue has taken some getting used to lol ! but they are all so gorgeous and the Bengal coats especially are just fabulous.

I also am very excited to see what's in store for the kitties in the future, KittyCatS definitely have a huge thumbs up from me so far Smile
I completely agree with you both. I had never had breedables before and had seen other SL cats, but I wasn't crazy about them. I'm not a cat person IRL, but I love animals in general. I was searching for something related to animals and found the store and everything was so cute. I couldn't help myself. Big Grin Now I'm a SL cat hoarder.

Actually, what sold me on the KittyCats was a small thing. I TPd into the store and saw the display cats and a lot of them were sleeping. I literally just sat a few minutes and watched them breathe. That breathing animation was the reason I clicked buy and the reason I'm addicted now. Smile

After buying the kitties, I keep finding new things to love about them: the detail in the coats (I want to nuzzle my bengal through the screen), the cute paw pads and the beautiful packaging and store make me love them that much more. I could go on forever Smile

But I always find myself still just watching them sleep, turning over asleep and breathing. Heart
For me? Washing the face. And the sideways flop when they sleep. It reminds me so much of my own RL fatty cat. I love how the ear seems to flop when the paw rubs over it.
My favorite are the snuggle animation and the amazing texture quality. It was the first breedable that made me say, "I want one really bad". :-)
I LOVE THE WASHING THE FACE AND LICKING THE SIDE OF BODY...
Reference URL's