KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Double Postings for auctions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi Smile

We now have a whole "AUCTIONS" section to post auction kitties. Could someone explain to me why we're getting double postings, one in auctions sections and another one in Live&Boxes please? There's a few of them, and quite frankly makes the new section seem pointless -and it's not pointless.

Thank you
i'm guessing that people maybe want to make sure it's seen. we just recently added the auction section so not many know it's there. ill send out a group notice so that people are aware of it Smile

after a week or so, we will move any auction that's not in that section or delete posts to keep things tidy Smile

it is at the bottom and new so not all are aware it's there Smile

i will also add a post in sales to let others know it's now there Smile
For myself I wasn't 100% clear if we should post our personal kittehs that we are selling at auction in the auctions section or in the sales section. I felt like the auctions forum COULD be just for full auction advertisements where they post for the full auction not personal kittehs, and the live sales COULD be just for one person selling a cat regardless where it might be being sold (in a shop, bid board, offers, auction, raffles ect.)

So I posted in both thinking one of them would be correct and hopefully someone would correct me on the post that was incorrect. Even with this post I am not 100% clear where it would be proper to post to be honest.
i see no issue with putting your own private cat's sale in the normal sale place. like

"i have a pure genesis no trait cat i will be selling at blah blah auction today"

now i'd assume the auction place would say "come to blah blah auction today at 4pm, theme is dress like your favorite food"

to me those are 2 different things. i'd use discretion personally Smile

so i think the 2 categories are for

1. business or auction houses post in the auction section
2. personal sales post in the sales sections and of course indicate WHERE. Smile

if we see posts which seem to be trying to misuse the categories, we can surely as we do, privately write the people and give them a gentle heads up as i think most of the community is pretty darn good at being cool Smile

if that's not clear please do let us know Smile
Thank you very much Callie that is more clear to me and tells me for my personal kitteh I should have put it in the lives forum Smile
Good for me to know as well as I promoted my cat which I brought for a voice auction in the auctions section Blush
yes the auction tab says:

AUCTIONS: A place to find dates & times for KittyCats! Auctions

so i'd say, put your personal cats in the other place Smile
(10-24-2012 04:35 PM)Callie Cline Wrote: [ -> ]i see no issue with putting your own private cat's sale in the normal sale place. like

"i have a pure genesis no trait cat i will be selling at blah blah auction today"

now i'd assume the auction place would say "come to blah blah auction today at 4pm, theme is dress like your favorite food"

to me those are 2 different things. i'd use discretion personally Smile

so i think the 2 categories are for

1. business or auction houses post in the auction section
2. personal sales post in the sales sections and of course indicate WHERE. Smile

if we see posts which seem to be trying to misuse the categories, we can surely as we do, privately write the people and give them a gentle heads up as i think most of the community is pretty darn good at being cool Smile

if that's not clear please do let us know Smile

Thanks Callie, I, too, listed a personal cat for an auction in the auctions section. I won't do it again. It's good to have clarifications!

Also, just an FYI for posters using the new group. It would greatly reduce the number of entries we have to wade thru if you REUSE your old post. I have one post I use for all my auctions, I just update it each week and bump it.
wow we're a smiley group. i think my cheeks hurt from all the smiles i use.
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

i guess perhaps it's better than

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

right?

Tongue
Reference URL's