KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Concerned Mommy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im new to kittycats, just got 2 kitties, well 3 but the one we bought from a store and she didnt tell us you cant open the box so we lost that kitty. Sad So i did some research and went to the main store and bought 2 more. Im concerned how they sleep. It appears their energy is low. We have beds and a cat tree for them and have set their bed for their home. Is there something I need to do. 1 day old and 2 day old. Also is there a way to salvage the kitty we lost due to opening the box? I really wish she would have told us how to open the kitty and birth it smh a real shame, not so much cause of the money we paid but because she was really cute and we wanted her. Thank you for your help!
Hello Harmony,

I recommand you to write a ticket for the lost cat that you opened and who's inventory you copy to your inventory. Smile That's what I did at least and I got replacement.

First thing you need to do is click in the top the PEDIGREE menu. It opens a list with your cats you own in SL. The opened box will mostlikely be listed as box there. You click on the listed box and it should open it's family tree. In the family tree of the box, you should see the stats of the boxed kitty and who's it's owner (you in this case) underneath there's a line starting with ID:

You copy the entire mix of numbers and letters that comes after the "ID:".

Once you have done that, switch in the top of this website to the SUPPORT menu. There you should see a couple of buttons, one says "SUBMIT A TICKET" touch it. Then you paste the ID number int he ID field, as subject you do something like "Broken box" and as message you file in what happened to your box and how it got broken. Then you get it replaced within 24 hours. Smile

I hope this helps Smile

Greets

Dario
(10-21-2012 10:27 AM)Dario Maesar Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Harmony,

I recommand you to write a ticket for the lost cat that you opened and who's inventory you copy to your inventory. Smile That's what I did at least and I got replacement.

First thing you need to do is click in the top the PEDIGREE menu. It opens a list with your cats you own in SL. The opened box will mostlikely be listed as box there. You click on the listed box and it should open it's family tree. In the family tree of the box, you should see the stats of the boxed kitty and who's it's owner (you in this case) underneath there's a line starting with ID:

You copy the entire mix of numbers and letters that comes after the "ID:".

Once you have done that, switch in the top of this website to the SUPPORT menu. There you should see a couple of buttons, one says "SUBMIT A TICKET" touch it. Then you paste the ID number int he ID field, as subject you do something like "Broken box" and as message you file in what happened to your box and how it got broken. Then you get it replaced within 24 hours. Smile

I hope this helps Smile

Greets

Dario

Thank you so much Dario for your help. Any suggestions how to help the 2 kitties I do have sleep?
Hi Harmony,

Welcome to KittyCatS. Smile

The cats will fall asleep when their energy drops to 0%.
When they fall asleep, they also 'jump' to their home point.
Their home point is set automatically where the cat is rezzed or the box unpacked for newborns,
but you can also set it where you want by yourself, for example on one of the beds
you got for the kitties or on the cat tree.
To do so, just left click the cat to open its menu, go in "Animation" and "Set Home" after you
have edited the cat & put it where you want it to sleep.

Kittens (until 7 days old) sleep 4 hours and are awake 4 hours.
Adults sleep 8 hours and are awake 8 hours.

Have fun with them !

Nen
Reference URL's