KittyCatS! Community Forum

Full Version: Curious
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was reading in the rules on the sim I am on, about Breedables and being allowed. Which they are but..........they state, all animals must be Phantom? Now, my only thoughts on why they say this is to lower the collision which does make horrible lag for any sim.

Since my cats/KittyCats are not Phantom, are they causing collision? Since I rent the sim I am on (lot) I can not see the World/Estate tool to see this. Anyone know?

Ty!
Hi Kent,

KittyCatS are not phantom & do cause collision, but they are lightly scripted and don't cause a lot of lag.

You could maybe turn their walk/run off when you are offline or on another sim ?

That way, you can keep enjoying them without having a headache about what they are doing when you are not
with them. Smile

Nen
You can also mod furniture and other objects so that they are phantom and kitties don't collide with them. That's what I've done at home
With last years introduction of Mesh came a little-known change.

Previously, setting an object Phantom would reduce lag by removing it from collision detection during the physics phase of simulation.

This is no longer the case.

Since the Mesh roll-out, Phantom does not remove the object from the physics phase.

To do that, you must, instead, use the new Prim Physics settings (on the Features tab of the Edit panel, also scriptable) and set the object, or just parts of it, to PRIM_PHYSICS_NONE.

And, yes, this applies to non-Mesh objects and parts.
Ahh ty all for the comments. It has not been a issue "yet" but would like to know what I am speaking on incase it did come up from the sim owner Smile Ty again, and will surelly try a few of the ideas.
When you're new to KittyCatS, and sometimes when you're not, watching them wander and frolic can be great fun. Having one wander off, just like a real cat, and having to search high and low to find it is one of the endearing features, at least in the beginning.

But if, like so many, you get sucked in and suddenly find you have hundreds of cats, and having them wander around isn't so much fun when you're desperately searching for the new kitten (who doesn't just walk, she dashes and zooms!) you just birthed, or want to mate up with her father, can get real old, real fast.

Luckily, not only does the HUD have a way to tell them all to Jump Home, but you can also tell them all to stop walking around.

As to the specific issue of whether breedables are allowed, or which settings for Phantom, Physical, or Prim Physics, are, and which are not .. that's up to the land/estate owner. Personally, I'd suggest there are adequate regions which won't have any such restrictions. So, if there's any question at all, it's probably best simply to find a new home than to try to negotiate with the land lords.

I know, there's always comments about the lack of land. But, to be honest, there's a LOT of land available out there, and it's always a buyer's market. So, shop around and you'll always find, if not a better price, better breedable-friendly covenants.
Reference URL's